• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets vs CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone have the pay scales for XOjet? Can't find them anywhere. Just curious if this is the fractional version of the RJ entering the airline world.

As a matter of fact yes. We turned off XO Jet.

NJ doesn't need to. It's profitable without it. As a matter of fact, we even stopped charging the pax for int'l repo legs.

Lets not write off NJA just yet, XO needs a few years in the minors first. By the time XO finishes deliveries of its CL300s and Ce750s, they will have approx 100 airplanes. NetJets has been in business for 43 years and currently has 700 aircraft based in 3 countries.

Right on!!.....its gonna take a bit more than "we got 10 airplanes on order!!!" to get me to jump....

not even flex or shares or options are considered competition anymore.....you should be trying to stick together as pilots rather than saying "my company is better than yours".

Th eonly reasons the airlines pay so ********************ty and have sucj crappy work rules is because pilots accept the job.

Anyone have the pay scales for XOjet? Can't find them anywhere. Just curious if this is the fractional version of the RJ entering the airline world.

I think its more like the "$9.95 dial-up provider"

no offence......just a lotta places are trying to jump on board while money is hot....

Yep, 1st year pay at XOJET = 5th year capt pay at NJ. This is not flame, just fact.

Is it?

Don't get me wrong, NetJets seems like a great place to work, and more power to you if this new TA passes...but how does that saying go "A rising tide raises all ships"...

You guys are too funny. Who said anything like "my company is better than yours"? All I said is there are more options to consider than simply NetJets, which I clearly acknowledged as a great place to work!

I can't wait to hear what your response is to this, but it seems to me that you feel threatened at the mere notion that there could be another good company to work for.

As for turning off XOJet...Thank You. We've never been more profitable since then, and our ability to plan ahead and maximize the utilization of our aircraft has never been better. But to mention turning us off in the context of not needing the supplemental uplift is misleading. Sure, we had an incident. But if I recall, you've had 4 of the same type in the past 12 months. By my math, you aren't qualified to fly your own trips!

Let's call it how it is.

lol......does that come with Air and power windows too?

thanks but Netjets is the only way to go.....

ill give ya credit for being loyal but maybe you should come to netjets too.....im a 3yr captain and when the contract gets amended ill be at 93k W2 workin 7&7......lol
Good for you! I'm a two year captain at XOJET, and my CURRENT base pay is 94,500 working 17/15. (193 days) Oh, but like T-Bone said I get home all the time on my rotations, so it's not nearly 193 days. When we get our new pay package my base will easily be more than 10% higher than yours. Oh, but you do get to fly the U-boat, or is it the Beechjet? I'll probably be in left seat of a Gobal Express before you even learn how to start an APU.

no offense thinking that a 9 day tour is not a 9 day tour when you sit at home is like thinking that per diem should be factored into your paycheck. Or that the 18 day schedule isn't bad because you sit at home.

Eventually you'll start doing the full 9 days. 7 is tough. I do 9 every once and a blue moon and its unbearable. The only good thing though is I only do 9 on my choice.

D

Diesel,

I totally agree. 9 days on the road blows. But a 9 day rotation with 1 or 2 nights at home in my own bed sure makes a huge difference. I used to work 14 on and 7 off, and that was awful. The point I'm trying to make is that we aren't always gone for 9 days straight. Sure, it happens, but not all the time. And for the family guy, a few unexpected hours at home having dinner with the family can make all the difference in the world when it comes to morale.

A slight difference to note is that our days 1 and 9 are transition days that overlap with the other rotation. So if a crew is bringing the airplane home at the end of their day 9, the new crew doesn't go out until their day 2. Conversely, if the old crew gets home at the end of day 8, they get day 9 off and the new crew starts on day 1.

Sounds like a decent payscale, good to hear!

I have an occasional overnight at home and have decided I am better off in a hotel. It is usually 10-12 hours off and I get more rest if I just stay away. Too much on the to-do list if I try and go home for the night and get any rest. Maybe if it happened more regularly I would be able to deal with it better, who knows.

Oh, and X-rated- this is not a mine is better or bigger than yours discussion, just a sharing of information. Keep the "I fly a X" ego's out of it. I have sat in a X and I am perfectly content in my roomy little Hawker 800XP even at M.79. It sounds like XOjet is putting some decent pilot jobs out there and that is good for everyone, who cares what you are flying anyway. I actually thought it was pretty cool when I could say I was flying an Ultra for 90K per year. My airline friends loved hearing that.

Last edited:
Yeah X-Rated, take that Global and shove it! Oh wait...you're on my team...

But that still was pretty funny! :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back