• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets vs CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
lol......does that come with Air and power windows too?

thanks but Netjets is the only way to go.....

ill give ya credit for being loyal but maybe you should come to netjets too.....im a 3yr captain and when the contract gets amended ill be at 93k W2 workin 7&7......lol

I am in the same boat trying to figure out if this choice is for me. I live on the west coast and there simply is no real opportunity to live west and have a good quality of life and income at JetBlue. They do way to many redeyes and the pay is just not there. I have been there two years and I am considering going to NetJets also. I am tired of the lack of real job security. Plus I will not be a captain on the bus out west for god knows how long. So if I can live in the bay area and be a capt at netjets in 5 years I might be better off. If the soft pay is there then I would not have to take much of a pay hit. Its time to consider it. Let us know what your decision is. I'll do the same.

If I were you I would get a NJA application in soon regardless so that it will be in the interviewing pipeline. You can always turn down the interview or the job if the TA result does not go your way. If the TA does pass, expect a huge number of resumes from people who want to improve their QOL and move close to home, etc. with the new domiciles and relatively good pay.

Regardless, I hear NJA is a great place to work from friends who are there now.

XO Jet sounds like a great opportunity. That would be a sweet upgrade.Do you have Jump seat agreements with any airlines? Is the pay comparative with Net Jet or is it better for longevity?
What kind of benefits do you have(vacation, medical)?

Do they pay your medical insurance 100%?
do you work more than 182 days per year?
How's the union?
How much is year 1 FO pay?
Can you live anywhere and base at home airport?

Do they have a fatigue clause?
Do they get you crew meals? (or a choice of meals?)
Hows the training?
Are you paid during training?
Can you say NO, I'm not going, it's not safe?

Do they pay your medical insurance 100%? Yes, for the employee. We pay about 10% for the family

do you work more than 182 days per year? yes, 205. But I have not been on the road for an entire rotation in months. Got home for 2 nights in the middle of the last rotation, watched Sunday football from the comfort of my own couch.

How's the union? Don't have one. Is that a bad thing if it's not needed?

How much is year 1 FO pay? 50K. How long to upgrade at NJA? Less than a year here.

Can you live anywhere and base at home airport? Yes.

I'm not trying to take anything away from NetJets. But to say it's the only place to go is a subjective statement. Does NetJets have a business model that results in 18% deadheads? Does NetJets have a model that can 'turn-off' outside charter to minimize the need to sell off flights to outside vendors during the peak travel season. Does NetJets have the ability to market itself to customers outside its own client/owner base in order to fill that repo flight to Hawaii?

If yes, then I stand corrected. If not, it's time to admit that there is a new player in town.

Do they have a fatigue clause? We don't have a contract, so no we don't. But we get 12 hours of rest after 2 consecutive duty days exceeding 12 hours. We also get 12 hours of rest after a red eye.

Do they get you crew meals? (or a choice of meals?) They sure do! Those Rudy's lemon bars are great. They also pay for all of our meals on the road. It's a tough call between the Kung Pao Chicken or Double Pan Fried Noodles at PF Changs...maybe I'll get both!

Hows the training? Single-day 6 month recurrent at Simuflight and progressive check on the 12 month recurrent.

Are you paid during training? We sure are!

Can you say NO, I'm not going, it's not safe? We sure can. I just did it last week. Chief Pilot was 100% supportive of my decision.

All that without a union!!!

Does NetJets have a model that can 'turn-off' outside charter to minimize the need to sell off flights to outside vendors during the peak travel season.
As a matter of fact yes. We turned off XO Jet.

Does NetJets have the ability to market itself to customers outside its own client/owner base in order to fill that repo flight to Hawaii?
NJ doesn't need to. It's profitable without it. As a matter of fact, we even stopped charging the pax for int'l repo legs.

Lets not write off NJA just yet, XO needs a few years in the minors first. By the time XO finishes deliveries of its CL300s and Ce750s, they will have approx 100 airplanes. NetJets has been in business for 43 years and currently has 700 aircraft based in 3 countries.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back