• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Originally Posted by VVJM265:
Dude,
Not to be smarta$$ myself, but check it out:
http://www.netjets.com/NetJets_Fleet/NetJets_Fleet.asp
Best of luck,

Ummmm, not sure what you mean by fleets, other than aircraft types; large cabin basically equates to large aircraft. Those are the airplanes we currently have "on property" and we just started getting the Encore Plus.

...Nevermind...:rolleyes:

I was having my rumpt steak and pommes frites (steak and fries) last week in Geneva, watching the boats come and go...

Le Entrecote by the hilton?

I flew 121 over 10 years prior to NetJets. There is NO comparison!! This is a CAREER job!! You can have your Southwest and JetBlue all day long!

It took me about 6 months to transition to this type of flying versus airline flying. I never flew corporate prior to this job. We do a LOT more work outside standard cockpit duties! If you have previous corporate experience, then you are 1 step ahead of the airline folks. We are a perfect mix between airline and corporate flying! The best of BOTH worlds!

This is ONLY my opinion.

If SIZE of aircraft matters to you, then don't come here. If job security, benefits, and long term pay matters, this is the place for you!

Do lots of research from the RIGHT sources. Some of what you here on this site is BS. You decide! Do NOT use this website as your primary source of information!!

Good luck!

G

PS: I just took my family to Hawaii on Hilton points! It cost me only spending money for 7 nights at the Waikolola Village in Kona. This includes airline, rental car, and hotel. Beats the he$$ out of nonrev travel!!!!!

Last edited:
since oil prices reached $77.00, netjets is what i beleive to be the most logical decision at this time since they pass on the cost to the owners. simple reason....

since oil prices reached $77.00, netjets is what i beleive to be the most logical decision at this time since they pass on the cost to the owners. simple reason....

Plus, Netjets doesn't compete for the lowest fare passengers either like the LCCs. Southwest, Jet Blue, AirTran, Virgin America, Spirit, Frontier and Skybus will all beat themselves silly for the low-fare passengers while costs and aircraft fleets continue to increase...

Meanwhile, Netjets is the clear market leader in the fractional business - not a bad choice. And, with its optional 7/7 schedule, it is more like a "corporate" airline than a private jet charter service. Plus, who wants to spend the rest of their lives solely in crowded airline terminals - not me!!!!!!!!!!

What does the reserve schedule look like for days on/off at NJA?

What does a typical days worth of flying look like?

The regional I'm at now 6- 8 hours flight with 8-9 hours duty free in between. 83 to 95 hours a month. Flew 965 hours last year. It's exhausting.

I don't have control over the quality of service, which is bothersome.

Plus, Netjets doesn't compete for the lowest fare passengers either like the LCCs. Southwest, Jet Blue, AirTran, Virgin America, Spirit, Frontier and Skybus will all beat themselves silly for the low-fare passengers while costs and aircraft fleets continue to increase...

Meanwhile, Netjets is the clear market leader in the fractional business - not a bad choice. And, with its optional 7/7 schedule, it is more like a "corporate" airline than a private jet charter service. Plus, who wants to spend the rest of their lives solely in crowded airline terminals - not me!!!!!!!!!!

I agree but what happens when the economy is in a downfall. That private trip to Cabo dosen't look as good when your company is making the type of money it used to. First class looks a lot better then!

What does the reserve schedule look like for days on/off at NJA?

18 days per month. 4 hard days (one stretch, or two pairs of days) can be bid off, the rest will vary. If you work a tour of up to 6 days, you'll have at least 3 days off afterwards. If you work 7 days, you'll have 4 off. (Those days off may encompass your hard days.)

You'll know by 6pm if you're starting work the next day, and what time. It cannot change to any earlier time -- you're not on "long-call" or "short-call" or anything resembling airline reserve. The name is really a misnomer. The big difference is that your days off will vary, and you'll work a few more days than the normal 7/7 schedule. Otherwise, the rules are the same.

What does a typical days worth of flying look like?
It varies wildly. Today was just two legs, about 9 hours on duty. That's pretty rare, but that's how it played out today.

Yesterday, I reported mid-morning in southern California, flew to San Francisco, sat for about 6 hours (did some Jepp updates, ate lunch, and enjoyed the massage chairs), and flew back. Great day! About 11.5 hours on duty, followed by about the same amount of rest.

The day prior, I did four legs, crossed the country, and ended it with an hour straightening the plane up from a family from hell, and restocking the snacks, sodas, etc. (That's the exception, fortunately.) Then it took several hours to finally get to a hotel, making it about a 15-hour day. Fortunately our people worked hard to find something in an oversold market, and it was a nice hotel. But still, a pretty grueling day.

As I said, it varies.

The regional I'm at now 6- 8 hours flight with 8-9 hours duty free in between. 83 to 95 hours a month. Flew 965 hours last year. It's exhausting.
Sounds exactly like my last job. :rolleyes:

I don't have control over the quality of service, which is bothersome.
That's one of the things I really like about this job -- I really do have a large impact on the service, and it often gets noticed by the passengers. For example, just the other day, our passenger catering order was to include a specific newspaper they wanted. It didn't make it. Rather than say "sorry" and just shrug our shoulders, we have the tools and the approval to do whatever we need to do to make it right. In my case, I borrowed a car from the FBO, went down the street to get the missing item, and got reimbursed by the company. No questions asked.

Did the passenger notice the extra effort? Not specifically. They only noticed that everything went perfectly with the flight, and were happy with the product and with our company. Every small detail was taken care of. Which is, of course, the whole point of it all. In a way, it's me directly affecting my job security, because it's little things like that that keep people renewing with us. More work than 121? You bet. But not without its rewards, both personal and financial. It's a good gig.

Latest resources

Back