NetJets + Upgrade time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
miles otoole said:
Shamtulli's gotta love that-a new hire getting paid as if he's been on board for 4 years.

No, he's thrilled to death that he has a PIC working for peanuts.

Fly High said:
I am not a frac pilot so please forgive me for my question. How can a new hire be hired into the Capt. position of a BE-400 when there are others that are more senior that are still FO?
Because the more senior FOs didn't bid for it. They're getting captain bypass pay and have a better schedule as SIC than they would as PIC, so why change?

To make it clear as mud.

The new-hires have been successful, lately, at getting by-pass pay due to some organizing within the ranks for senior folk to bypass bidding certain upgrade postings from the company (ie: BE400 and CE560).

Now, if you are coming here to build PIC time, think again. Even though sen# 2200 gets the Captain upgrade bid, the chances of him even seeing the left seat for quite awhile (yes, after upgrade) is close to nil. Captain's are regularly scheduled together here at Netjets and the senior guy/gal sits in the left seat (ie: SIGNS for the plane; SWA minimums).

If sen# 2200 is awarded the BE400 upgrade, sen# 2199 is now making Flight Attendant, oops, I meant Captain's pay automatically BUT sen# 2199 will now probably NOT see upgrade for about FIVE years (my guess).

Now, if you just want to come here for a career and make Flight Attendant by-pass pay, chances are, the way things are going now, that you may be LUCKY enough within the first year to get it within the first year.

Now, I used the word LUCKY, but really, how lucky can you call yourself if you end up here ? NO NEED TO ANSWER, just a rhetorical question.

So even though #2200 has upgraded, he will still be flying as an FO until he gets paired with someone junior to him? I assume that even though he is flying as an FO, he will still be payed as a Captain? If everyone on Bypass decided to (or is forced to) upgrade, can #2200 be displaced out of his Capt. position? I am getting a headache just thinking about it.

LOL... Yeah, it's not as bad as it sounds. Here at NJA we have seat locks. Or you can call them airplane locks. They last for two years. Let's assume number 2200 is an FO in the Ultra and bids for Captain in the Ultra. Let's also assume no one senior than him bids it (someone in the Ultra or someone OFF seat lock in another fleet) and he is awarded it. Let's say number 2050 is a FO in the Hawker and has one year left to go on his seat lock. Since he is senior than 2200 and he wasn't able to bid the Captains slot in the Ultra because of his seat lock, he will be awarded Captains pay also. That's once number 2200 takes his checkride. All FOs senior than 2200 would get captains pay.

Here is where it gets a little fuzzy! You can be in the same fleet and not bid a Captains slot and still get the pay IF someone Jr. than you takes the bid. Seat lock or not! Crazy, I know! The rule was put in place because of the seatlocks and to try and keep down the number of pilots jumping from fleet to fleet. Ie. training cost. As far as number 2200 actually being the aircraft Capt, that will only be if he is assigned with a true FO. Doesn't matter rather the FO is collecting Capt's pay or not. The only time number 2200 won't be an aircraft commander is when he is paired up with someone senior than him who is a true four stripe Capt.

lol... hope that helps! Now I am confused!

Let's keep this simple...try not to think about netjets, as they don't appreciate the quality of personnel they have currently....if you really, really have to come over here, then please don't show up unless you are willing to show shamtulli and moisture you are willing to do a lot of walking in the form of either an info picket and/or strike coming to a city near you soon...

Latest resources

Back