• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Unrest Puts Warren Buffett in a Rare Pinch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
She's not an employee or a union member, nor is she of age. Had no business being there!

What rule book are you referencing? Who says you have to be a union member or employee to show up and walk in support of a group?

She is an immediate family member of a unionized employee. This contract directly affects her. She has every right to be there. And good for her for supporting her dad and his coworkers!

It also helps put a face on what we're fighting for. It's easy to say, "I'm fighting for my family with this contract!", but the impact gets lost because the "family" isn't really a visible part of the fight. The little girl puts a face to it. Effective marketing.

As for her yelling "at" any clients, I doubt it. Yelling hello and waving at people as they passed by? I can believe that. I know her dad, as well as the union organizers of these pickets, and I highly doubt any of them would allow her to be yelling at passersby in any way that could be interpreted as offensive. Methinks NJAOwner either misheard, misinterpreted, or isn't giving the full story on that one.

She's not an employee or a union member, nor is she of age. Had no business being there!

You must not have kids.

Plenty of non union members walk in support of their husbands and family.

A union doesn't stop at a member it takes the whole family thus family awareness gatherings and education.

Hey (perceived)RealityMan --were you there?? I was. She was at the corner coming out of the drive from the FBO onto a main road in Vegas, on Friday, November 14th probably 11-11:30 a.m. Sorry I do not remember the street name or the exact time. I was in a taxi (not a NJA supplied black car or limo) and she was chanting "greed" and holding a sign. I would not calling it "yelling hello" or waving. Maybe she wasn't yelling "at me", but (1) she was located few feet (less than 10) from my window, (b) no other cars or people were between us, (c) I was in the lane closet to her, and (d) her face was pointed directly at the vehicle I was in. I reasonably interpreted this as being directed to me. It was a nice cool morning so I had the rear window open so I could hear her. Where were you at that instant?? I understand Diesel's position about having the family stand up for what they think is right -- but in my opinion there are certain business decisions that a child of that age should be insulated from and now have to worry about.

And you could have saved a bunch of time on the long explanation. I have been on this board and flying long enough to know all of that and do appreciate that safety is paramount. But I do know the difference between sitting in a reclining chair in pilot lounge killing time and doing maintenance, etc. The crew had recently come on duty, flew 1 good weather leg of just a few minutes to get to us. It was not a case a fatigue, etc. I never doubt fatigue, safety, mechanical, weather issues, etc., regardless of the inconvenience.

Last edited:
Using children in battle is something that's pretty "uncool". We're not in some despot nation.

Using children in battle is something that's pretty "uncool". We're not in some despot nation.

Drama much?

No one was using her as a human shield, or strapping explosives to her and making her walk into a crowded deli.

She held a sign and walked circles. And her dad said she was excited and enthusiastic about it. How horrible.

Hey (perceived)RealityMan --were you there?? I was. She was at the corner coming out of the drive from the FBO onto a main road in Vegas, on Friday, November 14th probably 11-11:30 a.m. Sorry I do not remember the street name or the exact time. I was in a taxi (not a NJA supplied black car or limo) and she was chanting "greed" and holding a sign. I would not calling it "yelling hello" or waving. Maybe she wasn't yelling "at me", but (1) she was located few feet (less than 10) from my window, (b) no other cars or people were between us, (c) I was in the lane closet to her, and (d) her face was pointed directly at the vehicle I was in. I reasonably interpreted this as being directed to me. It was a nice cool morning so I had the rear window open so I could hear her. Where were you at that instant?? I understand Diesel's position about having the family stand up for what they think is right -- but in my opinion there are certain business decisions that a child of that age should be insulated from and now have to worry about.

And you could have saved a bunch of time on the long explanation. I have been on this board and flying long enough to know all of that and do appreciate that safety is paramount. But I do know the difference between sitting in a reclining chair in pilot lounge killing time and doing maintenance, etc. The crew had recently come on duty, flew 1 good weather leg of just a few minutes to get to us. It was not a case a fatigue, etc. I never doubt fatigue, safety, mechanical, weather issues, etc., regardless of the inconvenience.

Perceived Realityman? That's cute.

Let's see, in your first post you said she was "yelling at you". Now you say she was "chanting" one word and just happened to be looking directly at you when she said "greed". If she was chanting, then she was saying it over and over, which means that while she may have looked at you when she chanted, it wasn't necessarily intended to be "at you". Also, if it was necessary to have your window down to hear her when you were as close as you describe then she definitely wasn't yelling anything. But the main point is that your story has already changed. It's irrelevant whether I was there or not since I was right about it not quite being as you were making it out to be. We can debate all day whether it's appropriate for our kids to walk in an informational picket, but it doesn't sound (in this version) like she was being offensive or targeting you specifically.

As for your pilot in the recliner chair, you are jumping to some pretty big conclusions with no supporting evidence. So he was sitting in a recliner chair doing nothing? Okay, maybe he didn't feel well and just needed a quiet moment. Maybe it was a quiet place for him to call home and help his wife resolve a problem. Or a good place to discuss an issue with the company. Or maybe just to think. Or maybe he was a completely lazy tool (unfortunately we have a few of those here). And none of that rises to the level of "work slowdown". And no, I can confirm I wasn't there to witness your reclining pilot, but I need something more than "sitting in a reclining chair killing time" to prove its a work slowdown.

As for long posts, sorry, that's just me being my wordy self. But I also like to write in a way that may help educate others who may be reading.

Anyway, I have no reason to go round with you on this stuff. The union has set a course. Nothing said on these boards will change it. I apologize for any difficulties you may encounter as things progress and hope you and others stay with us. But I will continiue to fight for improvements for my collegues and myself and support my union 100%.

Realityman -- first -- this board is filled with posts from pilots imploring other pilots to do as much as possible to delay trips, for even the most minuscule of items, even ones not regarding safety, in order to cause pain and embarrassment to NJA. There must be thousands of them - and many pilots admitting to do it. All I am saying is I have experienced it and I do not think it endears the pilots to the owners (and quite frankly, the company does an outstanding job of self-inflicted harm so the pilots really don't need to add any).

Secondly, I did not realize this was an SAT verbal test exercise. I really did not spend much time choosing the word "chant" or "yell" as opposed to shout, speak, bellow, enthusiastically speak, etc. My fault. I guess your real calling is a criminal defense attorney or investigative reporting finding these massive discrepancies.

Latest resources

Back