• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Unrest Puts Warren Buffett in a Rare Pinch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That strike worked out fine. I'm hoping, if NJA strikes, that it will be beneficial. I'm just worried. To be fair, the Eastern situation was a really poisonous case of an exceptionally aggressive Machinists Union. Nothing like NJASAP, thank goodness.

You're hoping. That's your game plan. Ufb.

You won't do any of the heavy lifting. You won't volunteer. You won't be in Omaha. You won't be engaged. You won't fly the contract and you won't honor a picket line.

Explain to all of us just exactly what your willing to do to help us get a contract.

Because all I see is a weak dick hiding behind the union thuggery tag line to justify your inaction and your excuses.

My favorite union story? A friend of mine used to be a railroad worker. The union, every so often, would pull a loaded car to the side and loot it. Another friend, a colleague at NJA, used to work in a factory where the union forced the company to hire 6 cleaners for a job requiring one, having them rotate from the break room. This is called featherbedding, and it is deadly and immoral. Brought to you by your friendly coercive intimidating union. NJASAP is not like that, and they seem to do a pretty good job, which is a good argument for in- house unions.

My favorite story is how Andrew Carnegie via Henry Frick hired the pinkertons to keep his factory workers from striking. Carnegie wanted to be the richest man in the world so he hired Frick to increase production. Frick demanded the workers produce twenty percent more and take a paycut all for the sake of Carnegies ego. When the workers decided to protest and strike, the pinkertons were ordered to break the strike. They did this by shooting and killing nine workers. That is what management would do if they felt they could get away with it. You stand on the wrong side of the fence in this fight.

Ready for another union goon story? When the previous negotiations were going hot and heavy, two of my colleagues, in separate incidents, saw NJA pilots begin their preflight by turning on the landing/taxi lights. Then go inside for a while, coming out later to write up the broken bulb and grounding the plane.

I don't believe it. Not sure why you would want to spread a second hand story. Something you did not observe yourself.

This spreading of second hand unsubstantiated information is widely known as a RUMOR!

rumor
ˈro͞omər/Submit
noun
a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.
"they were investigating rumors of a massacre"
synonyms: gossip, hearsay, talk, tittle-tattle, speculation, word; More
verb
past participle: rumoured; past participle: rumored; verb: rumour; 3rd person present: rumours; gerund or present participle: rumouring; verb: rumor; 3rd person present: rumors; gerund or present participle: rumoring
be circulated as an unverified account.
"it's rumored that he lives on a houseboat"

Hey G4dude, I will bet you that for every union featherbedding abuse story you can find, I bet the union supporters here on FI could come up with at least two stories of management abuse. Witness Avantair. Care to accept my challenge???

Hey G4dude, I will bet you that for every union featherbedding abuse story you can find, I bet the union supporters here on FI could come up with at least two stories of management abuse. Witness Avantair. Care to accept my challenge???

Oh, I am NO admirer of our management. In fact, I am working on a plan to leave NJA because I am so sick of CMH. Jordan and the shysters and the accountants and the nit picking drive me nuts. You are right, there are stories on both sides. Remember, I feel in-house unions are MUCH better than third party unions, and may even be necessary. I am just concerned our tactics won't bring the desired results. That, once again, does NOT mean I don't want the same better contract that you all want. I believe fear of losing good pilots who can't be replaced, along with firm confidential communications with Jordan, will work better than the informational picketing and the "embarrass Warren" ad in the Wall Street Journal.

I don't believe it. Not sure why you would want to spread a second hand story. Something you did not observe yourself.

This spreading of second hand unsubstantiated information is widely known as a RUMOR!

rumor
ˈro͞omər/Submit
noun
a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.
"they were investigating rumors of a massacre"
synonyms: gossip, hearsay, talk, tittle-tattle, speculation, word; More
verb
past participle: rumoured; past participle: rumored; verb: rumour; 3rd person present: rumours; gerund or present participle: rumouring; verb: rumor; 3rd person present: rumors; gerund or present participle: rumoring
be circulated as an unverified account.
"it's rumored that he lives on a houseboat"

They told me these stories, one of the pilots was backed up by the flight attendant who saw it too. Sorry, that's what they told me. They were pretty mad about it. If you can't believe it, that probably means you are one of the vast majority of good guys, which is to your credit.

My favorite story is how Andrew Carnegie via Henry Frick hired the pinkertons to keep his factory workers from striking. Carnegie wanted to be the richest man in the world so he hired Frick to increase production. Frick demanded the workers produce twenty percent more and take a paycut all for the sake of Carnegies ego. When the workers decided to protest and strike, the pinkertons were ordered to break the strike. They did this by shooting and killing nine workers. That is what management would do if they felt they could get away with it. You stand on the wrong side of the fence in this fight.

There are lots of very bad management stories. Bad stories on both sides. Pity. Its a rough world out there. Speaking of really old stories... :)

You're hoping. That's your game plan. Ufb.

You won't do any of the heavy lifting. You won't volunteer. You won't be in Omaha. You won't be engaged. You won't fly the contract and you won't honor a picket line.

Explain to all of us just exactly what your willing to do to help us get a contract.

Because all I see is a weak dick hiding behind the union thuggery tag line to justify your inaction and your excuses.

You are continuing to confirm what my friends have told me about you. A rather unpleasant man with absolute contempt for anyone who disagrees with you.

Wow you have a bit of management experience. Amazing. That makes you a total expert on the subject of what we are doing.

How about you get on board with your union brothers and sisters. You're in a union now. Or if you feel strong enough about your feelings and don't tell anyone in public become a fees payer? Oh wait you want the union protection but you don't like how the sausage is made. Lol

In the end your opinion has no basis in reality. You have no experience. You have no plan other than to hope the demand outweighs the supply. You won't support your union. You have said you might/will cross a picket. But think it would be mean for people to shun you for doing so.

Pretty much sums up you want your cake and eat it too.

My wife is laughing at your posts. She keeps asking, "Who is this idiot?"

Latest resources

Back