• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Unrest Puts Warren Buffett in a Rare Pinch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fair questions. She has seen too many companies go out of business, and hates the groupthink and the coercion unions bring. As for the derogatory term "hooligans," I only refer to anyone who approves of coercion of fellow union members and mistreatment of same. If you think bad treatment of anybody who disagrees with you is ok, you are a hooligan. Being angry with me? Fine. Disagreeing with me? Fine as well. Mistreating me forever? Not civilized at all. Especially when you know perfectly well my worry is the survival of our employer.

Your worry for your employer is put above your union brothers and sisters getting a new contract.

You want civilized but want to step over the bodies when you cross. Ha. That's a good one.

Sounds like your wife has about the same experience as you. I would love to hear her extensive experience too. It's Sunday you two can regale us with stories of your experiences with unions and negotiations.

Your worry for your employer is put above your union brothers and sisters getting a new contract.

You want civilized but want to step over the bodies when you cross. Ha. That's a good one.

Sounds like your wife has about the same experience as you. I would love to hear her extensive experience too. It's Sunday you two can regale us with stories of your experiences with unions and negotiations.

...sigh...

...sigh...

I've got all day to be regaled about the experience of your union negotiations. Please explain supply and demand to all of us and how that has worked time and time again in negotiations.

You're lucky I'm in and out all day but I'm in front of my computer every day from market open till 4 Monday through Friday to be regaled by you.

I've got all day to be regaled about the experience of your union negotiations. Please explain supply and demand to all of us and how that has worked time and time again in negotiations.

You're lucky I'm in and out all day but I'm in front of my computer every day from market open till 4 Monday through Friday to be regaled by you.

I have said repeatedly this is my first Union rodeo. Is it your semi literate assertion that anyone with negotiating experience would agree with you?

I have said repeatedly this is my first Union rodeo. Is it your semi literate assertion that anyone with negotiating experience would agree with you?

Being your first rodeo doesn't excuse the understanding that being a SCAB=BAD.

Being your first rodeo doesn't excuse you from supporting your union and your fellow brothers and sisters.

I encourage you to go to Omaha to picket or if you can't then you should support a pilot to travel out there.

Being your first rodeo doesn't excuse the understanding that being a SCAB=BAD.

Being your first rodeo doesn't excuse you from supporting your union and your fellow brothers and sisters.

I encourage you to go to Omaha to picket or if you can't then you should support a pilot to travel out there.

I don't believe the Omaha picket is a good idea. Just negotiate vigorously and let's see what the finished voting product is.

I don't believe the Omaha picket is a good idea. Just negotiate vigorously and let's see what the finished voting product is.

But you don't want to negotiate vigorously.... You've said that the supply and demand is going to fix everything...

So confused as to what you want.

But you don't want to negotiate vigorously.... You've said that the supply and demand is going to fix everything...

So confused as to what you want.

I may not have said it right. What I meant is I think the pilot shortage will help us in getting what we want. In this case, during the negotiating process. And the threats from management are empty because of the shortage. They couldn't possibly replace us in the current market for the next several years.

I may not have said it right. What I meant is I think the pilot shortage will help us in getting what we want. In this case, during the negotiating process. And the threats from management are empty because of the shortage. They couldn't possibly replace us in the current market for the next several years.

It's been going on for 2 years. How much longer do you want to wait for a new contract? How much longer do you want to go through this?

I mean it must be nice being on a different pay scale than everyone else at Netjets but for those of us that are pay capped and are actually going backwards we would like it done.

Please enlighten us how you would like the union to aggressively negotiate but you are unwilling to do anything to help with that. We would all love to hear your approach.

It's been going on for 2 years. How much longer do you want to wait for a new contract? How much longer do you want to go through this?

I mean it must be nice being on a different pay scale than everyone else at Netjets but for those of us that are pay capped and are actually going backwards we would like it done.

Please enlighten us how you would like the union to aggressively negotiate but you are unwilling to do anything to help with that. We would all love to hear your approach.

I have been told by our members who are experienced in these matters that it takes several years, not just 2. Aggressive negotiations without the picketing and the embarassing ads sound right to me, by not reducing our demands much until they come quite a bit in our direction. Our new deal should be better for our FOs and at least as good for the captains, with COLAs for all in perpetuity, in my opinion. I don't think the company will stonewall at that in the end. Those of you who want more than that, great. I just hope we will have a profitable employer in the end.

Latest resources

Back