• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

netjets to match competitive pricing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys Crack me up fighting over which Fractional is Number 1..And your all Wrong..FLOPS is Number 1 by a far stretch

Number 1 lowest paid
Number 1 worst service
Number 1 oldest planes in service
Number 1 Worst Management
Number 1 Worst Union Leader

The rest of you cant compare to that and never will. So I hope you all start arguing over who is second cause you will never come close to beating Flops

Comparisons from the back of the jet

A few facts -- because I have the hard numbers and have negotiated with NJA, Flex and CS.

Generally, for fractional owners (there are exceptions), CS is more expensive by a small amount on comparable jets(Sovereign and XLS). For example a 2008 CS Sovereign 1/8th is $2,100,000 (after some hard negotiating) and a NJ Sovereign 1/8 is $2,037,500 (no negotiating allowed)

For cards, CS and Flex can be less expensive since they have a greater array of product to suit the customer. They both offer cards with various days of service -- like 365 day, 355 day, 325 day and 300 day. If you buy a 325 day card, there are 40 days of the year when you can not fly unless you pay a huge premium. But there are substantial savings if you do not want/need to fly on those days. Marquis only offers a 365 day card, period.

Since I have flown on all 3 I will say the following:

CS puts more seats in the same plane; NJ has more cabinets, etc.

NJ catering and onboard snacks are much better than Flex and CS.

Flex trusts the passengers with an oven for heating food. This increases our choices. Flex also gives us real plates and metal (instead of plastic) eating utensils.

With NJ you win the big upgrade lottery about once per year when you get upgraded from an Excel to a G4, G5 or Falcon.

Fly safe.

Last edited:
Always nice to hear from you Owner, and good info too. I hope you'll continue to enjoy the service and win that G-V upgrade lottery more frequently. We'd be glad to have you aboard.

Let us know what you think of the new interiors and amenities when they start hitting the line soon.

NJAOwner,

Thanks for flying with us and posting your thoughts/comments here! I know that our worthy competition keeps us on our toes. Hope to see you aboard the X soon.

Sincerely,
Brian

Didn't think you were flying all that much right now Dub. Figured you were spending most of your time whipping MQ into shape down in HXD....:rolleyes:

Everyone in every business can learn something from the competition. NJA included. If you don't, your cmpany will wither over time. There are a certain things Flex does better than NJA. But in a good industry remember a rising tide lifts all boats. Neither operator nor pilots should have anything to feel down about. They are both first rate.

That said, I did win the GIV lottery last month on a coast to coast (almost trip). The GIV is a very sweet ride. It can almost want you to get one but they are $$$ and I do not need to impress anyone. So when we do get back to reality and we are just thankful that we can fly privately on a smaller jet, without a flight attendant. Still beats the airlines.

Fly safe.

NJ catering and onboard snacks are much better than Flex and CS.

Flex trusts the passengers with an oven for heating food. This increases our choices. Flex also gives us real plates and metal (instead of plastic) eating utensils.

With NJ you win the big upgrade lottery about once per year when you get upgraded from an Excel to a G4, G5 or Falcon.

Fly safe.
How can catering be better at NJ than at FX or CS when in most cases caterers are the same and in others, owners can choose who they use?
CS uses Dean and Deluca snacks onboard which many owners think are the best in the industry. What does NJA use?
FX doesn't "give real plates and metal" unless on the 604/605. This is the same as on NJA F/A aircraft. Why lie?

How can catering be better at NJ than at FX or CS when in most cases caterers are the same ...

Maybe, maybe not. In the case of a city with a substandard caterer, we'll have food delivered a long distance from a different city--or even fly the food in on a ferry flight--rather than serve our owners food that doesn't meet our fairly detailed catering specifications.

CS uses Dean and Deluca snacks onboard which many owners think are the best in the industry. What does NJA use?

A variety of items, including Torn Ranch. We used to use Dean and Deluca products, but replaced them some time ago.

Latest resources

Back