• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets - The final stop?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Prior to 91k and our 2005 contract, the fractionals were the worst-of-the-worst. My, how times have changed...

From Worst to First :beer:

Hey spelling nazi, happy new year. I bez gooing bac 2 skool, soooos libe me alhone.
Anyways like I said b4, I'm young enough to take the risk, right now the qol and money outways the negatives.

Last edited:
New here and a year from getting out of the military. With FedEx, UPS, and Southwest currently not hiring and possibly not hiring at all in 2008 I would have seriously considered NetJets. At least until the three others started hiring again. Then I would have had to weigh the options.

Unfortunately for me, NetJets has more rigid flight time requirements than the major airlines. I have about 100 hours of turbo-prop, 1600 hours of jet time, but only 20 piston. That makes me well below the 2500 total time requirement even though I have a fair amount of high performance jet experience. Frankly, I'm surprised at this, but oh well, that's the way it goes. My options now are to do another three years on active duty or go part time and try out for Delta or Continental or a contract adversary company.

By the time I have the flight time for NetJets, FedEx, UPS, and Southwest may be hiring. I have a few friends at each and where I live the commute is relatively easy on your own company planes at popular beginning bases. So they tell me anyway.

I think I would like the early stage quality of life better at NetJets, but with no kids right now and a wife who likes nice things (luckily she makes good money herself) I could muscle through some rough years to chase the money and quality of life that may (yes I know it is only 'may') be better at my top three choices.

In fact it is probably better for me that I can't apply to NetJets because otherwise I would. Then in a few years when FedEx, UPS and Southwest start hiring again I probably wouldn't want to leave NetJets. I like the varied flying possibilities and if my wife can handle 8 and 6 month deployments (oh, and I am away from home a bunch now anyway) she can definitely handle me being gone for two weeks a month or the 15 or 18 day flex schedules. In fact she likes having a week or two on her own every now and then. Sure, that might change when we have kids.
Go to the training Command... you will get your hours...

Or one year at a regional.

it will absolutely be my LAST stop if I get hired! No question!

I am a 121 guy that is eyeballing NetJets. NetJets has a base where I live. I am currently commuting offline to work which is a real pain in the rear.

Can someone try and explain the benefits of a 7 on 7 off sched vs. a typical 121 sched with 15 days off? I understand that I would only be going to work twice a month vs the typical 4 times I have to try and beg for a ride to work now and then beg for ride home and occastionally check three different cities to fly into and rent a car if I can't go direct to my home.

Does it seem like you spend your 7 days off catching up on the stuff you couldn't do on your 7 on, ie, mowing the lawn, car repairs etc. Most importanly spending time with the wife and kids?

Also on day one when does it typically start? Do you have to go in the night before to be in position for day one, meaning an early show so you have to commute in the night before therefore commuting on an off day?

One last question on your layovers do you typically have time to workout, go for a run, grab a beer (not at the same time)?

Thanks for any answers

Does it seem like you spend your 7 days off catching up on the stuff you couldn't do on your 7 on, ie, mowing the lawn, car repairs etc. Most importanly spending time with the wife and kids?

****The 7 days off should be plenty of time to do whats needed. I have had a few trips that I get home by noon on day 7. This is when I try to cut the grass and wash the cars....its like getting paid to do house work. Doesnt happen enough though.

Also on day one when does it typically start? Do you have to go in the night before to be in position for day one, meaning an early show so you have to commute in the night before therefore commuting on an off day?
**** Its called Day 1 for a reason. Its the first day of work. If you live near a base, stay at home until day 1. On day 1, you will either airline, taxi, limo, rental car, or stay home.

One last question on your layovers do you typically have time to workout, go for a run, grab a beer (not at the same time)?
****This is the hardest one to predict. Some trips are easy with lots of down time, and other trips are nonstop ball busters. You can always call in fatigued if you need time to "rest".

Thanks for any answers

Im 121 Captain at "no name" airline. I have 3500 total time, and My Dad and My Brother are at Continental....The recuiter says Im on the short list at CAL, But times have changed and I have 40 years to give to a Company. I would live in Houston and be based at home if I went to CAL.

My question is......since I have an "in" at CAL, should I try my luck and go to the Major, or go to NETJETS, because all I hear are great things about that place. Im 24 and have a long career, and I never want to commute ever again. thanks

Latest resources

Back