NetJets TA Reached

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mach92 said:
Yes NJI "they" tossed you under the bus. Welcome to having a UNION.

If this is true, they're not the only ones that got "thrown under the bus." When you've got a 5 yr. Falcon 2000/Citation X F.O. making 47K I'm sure they will feel like you did the same to them... :rolleyes:

One look at those rate tells me and anyone else that while the more senior pilots might have enjoyed some success with this TA the junior/future NJA pilots got screwed.

Try and remember that as you're bashing your beer mugs together, we'll no doubt be here about 3 yrs. from now hearing from those pilots and how unfairly they are paid. You know, "reduced priced" lunches and all... At least someone should acknowledge this fact...

You did a great job overall, but let's not act like you didn't cave in some areas...

You're right posted:

You have a good, fair TA now so stop trying to continually tear down YOUR CO-WORKERS!!! Go vote "yes" and concentrate on helping build the service back at this company--as the rest of us "hired hands" will do.

We're not tearing down any coworkers. As far as we know FamGuy isn't a coworker. He has never once (that I know) stated what it is he does at Netjets. I have nothing but respect for the dispatchers, flight managers, and ACPs that I deal with on a day to day basis. With only a few exceptions we have worked together to make this a better place. The problem we have is with the people that have stood in the way of progress.

This is what we have seen. A CompanyGuy shows up about six months ago and every post he makes is in direct opposition to our cause. Same posts, same theme, retreaded over and over. Trying to plant seeds of doubt. Poor mouthing and carrying the company's water. As soon as the marching memo comes over the company net, guess who starts posting the talking points on this board? This type of attitude from on high has drug this out for four years.

You did get one thing right. The service has suffered because of the strategy the company employed for this fight. I'm all for mending fences, but before we start rubbing helmets let's not forget that this should have been taken care of four years ago. DisinformationGuy was the most vocal of the beasts of burden the company used to spread the word on here.

I agree it's time to focus energy on getting our reputation back. The company should take the lead. Stop violating the contract. Stop punitive scheduling. On the surface the TA looks like an olive branch, but the whole thing hasn't come out and it still has to be ratified.

I will be convinced when I see positive movement on both fronts.

dukeofdub posted:

We have a lot of profit to generate and waste to find to afford this TA.

Why have you waited until NOW to try and trim the fat? You knew this day would come eight years ago.

I think this process has shown that it truly does take a TEAM effort.

Question:

If you are a 5th year FO and you get the upgrade nod, do you then make 5th year captain pay? Or is that year not a marker of time with the company, just a time in seat marker?

5th year FO: 47405
1st year Capt: 52500

If it reverts back to year one, that's only a $5000 pay raise when you make capt.

My two favorite Hog quotes:

Hogprint said:
The problem we have is with the people that have stood in the way of progress.

Hogprint said:
Besides, I got into this business so I could have the time off and play!

You can't have it both ways in a business Hog.....

I'm as happy as the next guy that this is close to being over. Only time will tell if we can truly afford the "deal" and the service damage that has been done.

Flying Illini said:
Question:

If you are a 5th year FO and you get the upgrade nod, do you then make 5th year captain pay? Or is that year not a marker of time with the company, just a time in seat marker?

5th year FO: 47405
1st year Capt: 52500

If it reverts back to year one, that's only a $5000 pay raise when you make capt.

This must be the most insane comparison I've ever seen..... IF you are a 5th year FO (FO pay) at NetJet's you have done something seriously wrong.

Last edited:
You're right said:
This must be the most insane comparison I've ever seen..... IF you are a 5th year FO (FO pay) at NetJet's you have done something seriously wrong.

You will eventually see a time where upgrades will have slowed and you will have 5 yr. F.O.'s.. The all-knowing young crowd of Comair pilots used to think the same way you do... It won't last and even Diesel understands this...

I very respectfully agree with H25B.

Rapid growth and quick upgrades are historically an anomaly.

Ideally companies would hire people and immediately train them as if they were all Captains. (type-rate them) After a short adjustment period the first officers would be assets to the captains, valued crewmembers rather than considered a student or apprentice.

H25B is right. Growth can not continue indefinately. At some point in the future attrition and growth will halt, and you will have first officers for 5...10...15+ years (witness 17 year F/Os at US Airways who are furloughed).

FurloughedAgain said:
H25B is right. Growth can not continue indefinately. At some point in the future attrition and growth will halt, and you will have first officers for 5...10...15+ years (witness 17 year F/Os at US Airways who are furloughed).

You've already got a guy posting a thread saying he has interviews at CS and NJA that mentions the fact that upgrades will be slow and 5th yr. F.O. pay is "only 47k." Weren't they all on here telling us how hard it was for NJA to recruit ??

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=63886

Last edited:
Retro pay is $40,000 divided by 48 times the number of months you have been at NJA since the last contract expired (48 months ago). So someone who has been here since the last contract expired get all 40k. Someone who's been here a year gets approx 10k. Not 100% retro, but it blows away the retro in the rejected TA.

It is paid in a 60/40 split. 60% right away (deferrable to Jan 1, 2006) and the 40% paid at 1 year after ratification (deferable to Jan 1, 2007). Or can have it paid in 4 equal installments each Jan 1.

Latest resources

Back