• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wtfo!!???

This should be good, any details???

be-400xpdriver said:
He backed out on the NJI part of the TA.

Boy, I never saw that one coming...:rolleyes: See below, if what your saying is true I was only off by 3 years. Just three years SOONER than I predicted... It's almost as if I was actually at the meeting.

h25b said:
I'm guessing it was something along the lines of, "don't sweat it, we strung those guys (read: IBT) along for years and it'll be a LONG time (read: forever) before you'll start paying union dues. So just do business as usual and we'll figure out a way to weasel out of the NJI provisions of this TA well before any of you start wearing those goofy union pins... We're just hoping they don't come to their senses and reject this TA because we really feel like we got away with murder... The only downside is Mr. Buffett is pi$$ed that we didn't break the IBT, but we never thought they'd actually accept this B.S."

That had to be about the gist of it, probably lasted about 5 minutes before they all hit the lunch buffet. He probably gave the NJI guys a raise just for spite.

Last edited:
be-400xpdriver said:
He backed out on the NJI part of the TA.

Very odd that he would pass-up an opportunity to reduce redundant costs (e.g., overhead). Look forward to hear more about the rationale for this... Not a good situation...

On Your Six said:
Very odd that he would pass-up an opportunity to reduce redundant costs (e.g., overhead). Look forward to hear more about the rationale for this... Not a good situation...

Money well spent, at least in Warren Buffett's mind...

h25b said:
Money well spent, at least in Warren Buffett's mind...

Good way to create more division in the company (didn't think that was possible). These managers are clearly inept. Who do you want to upset more, the NJI minority or the NJA majority? Well, I guess you can't have it all....

Latest resources

Back