Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Sues IRS Over $642.7M Tax Bill - Thanks OBAMA...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I see your point on the NIT. I am not sure about that. It is a rebate to ensure low income people are not negatively affected by the plan.

From the brief amount I read it sounds very similar to the negative income tax.

I would agree that something along those lines should be implemented. Shrink the tax code to something like a small paperback.. or a few pages in length that is understood by everyone. That would make absolute sense.

I get leery when pundits start talking about things like "embedded" taxes. Often times "labor" is included in such calculations. From a worldwide view American pilots could be seen as very expensive when compared to Chinese pilots. European pilots are expensive vs. American pilots. Regional vs. Mainline.... The list goes on.

I am going to read more about the fairtax initiative. It sounds like a good overall plan. Anything that mimics Friedman is usually a plus!

So you don't think the President should enforce the laws of the land?

Seems to me the Foxies get awful upset with that premise when it comes to immigration. Does Fox and the GOP post a list of which laws should be enforced and which should be overlooked?

PS, could the OP please change the title of this thread to "Thanks Bush"?

PPS.
Have the mods change the thread to thanks Bush and and an even more
Heart felt thank you to Obama for allowing this if big government, tax the rich at
Any cost to the economy society we now live in.
Nice to go around in circles with you again glass.

PPPS
Remember that little go around we had about Detroit being destroyed?
You and the blind liberals said WTF are you talking about
Everything is fine.
Watch this
http://detroitfirefilm.org/

PPPPS
This film has nothing to do with FAUX news or talk radio. In fact,
it's a documentary you libs love to reference.
Watch it, know it, and stop the madness before the entire county is "occupied" with 90% of all fires being caused by arson.

From the brief amount I read it sounds very similar to the negative income tax.

I would agree that something along those lines should be implemented. Shrink the tax code to something like a small paperback.. or a few pages in length that is understood by everyone. That would make absolute sense.

I get leery when pundits start talking about things like "embedded" taxes. Often times "labor" is included in such calculations. From a worldwide view American pilots could be seen as very expensive when compared to Chinese pilots. European pilots are expensive vs. American pilots. Regional vs. Mainline.... The list goes on.

I am going to read more about the fairtax initiative. It sounds like a good overall plan. Anything that mimics Friedman is usually a plus!

Milton Friedman's negative income tax was a truly revolutionary replacement for the welfare programs we had established. What y'all are discussing is merely a rebate to low income people, as I understand it. Both Friedman's and Cains proposals deserve very serious consideration, and it is a shame Friedman's did not get a fair hearing 40-50 years ago.

Latest resources

Back