NetJets Strike Passes By 93%

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FamilyGuy said:
WRONG. You should go back and check the timeline....its all there in black and white. You introduced Manufacturing as a topic on page 11 post #162. At least get the facts straight.

(sigh) I mentioned manufacturing an a broad context. Not a specific example. There is a difference. If you don't get it then I am sorry that I don't have the time to teach you the english language today.

FamilyGuy said:
WRONG AGAIN. Actually teachers are the highest unionized group of workers in the country. Aviation does have a high percentage of workers who are unionized though. The entire transportation industry is around 25%. You can get more data on the Bureau of Labor Statistics site here:

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/union2.nr0.htm

Entire Transportation industry.... bus drivers, Taxi drivers, railroad employees, etc. The transport industry is pretty large.

Aviation Employees do not make up the entire transport industry. Please stop skewing the facts. It makes you look retarded online.

FamilyGuy said:
As for the commentary on saying zero words to Boisture, that's simply your loss. Not too many people get an opportunity to talk to Mr. Boisture, and I dont think I would squander the opportunity. What is the purpose in saying nothing? To express displeasure? I think everyone knows you're not happy.

Boisture is a windbag who acts like a cheap Stephan Wolf knock off that is hardly as versed in dealing with SERVICE, even less skilled at dealing with Unions and has no concept of Self Discipline.

NetJets has a President who throws a temper tantrum when he doesn't get his way... and it's funny.

Could you help him find his golden parachute. The pilots will show him the door. We'll call it even.

Originally Posted by FamilyGuy

WRONG AGAIN. Actually teachers are the highest unionized group of workers in the country. Aviation does have a high percentage of workers who are unionized though. The entire transportation industry is around 25%. You can get more data on the Bureau of Labor Statistics site here:

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/union2.nr0.htm

Teachers yes but teachers are not part of the private sector.

For the most part Public sector can not compare directly to private sector in that public sector is not as subject to globalization and immigration effects on employment and so forth.

Guys..let it go. This is not about union busting or getting the boss fired!

Show me the money!!

"Git 'R Done!"

Wow

brewerdog said:
funny thing I heard, a new truck driver can get $65,000/yr but how long does it take a pilot to make that . . .

I believe that includes thier Own Rig, pay their Own Fuel etc. And after expenses the make about $30,000. Check your Freightliner dealer and he can give you more information. Or ask Diesel, he loves trucks!

brewerdog said:
funny thing I heard, a new truck driver can get $65,000/yr but how long does it take a pilot to make that . . .

another option is to go be a truck driver. Are you implying that you think you should be paid as a truck driver is paid? I detect a note of sarcasm in your post that sounds quite snobbish- you sir, know nothing about truck drivers.

Why would I waste my time talking to B.B.???

Family, have you seen the DVD that BB sent out to the pilots? I wish you could if you haven't.

BB tries to talk to us like he's grandpa and he just caught his grandchild stealing a cookie.

(Bad Johhny, you don't need more money son, Grandpa knows whats best for you, your kids are better working at a factory or fast food place anyway, they don't deserve to go to college. Vacations are a pain anyway, if you can't afford to go on one it will be better anyway)

Not much of a way to talk to a group that flies multi million dollar clients in multi million dollar aircraft all over the planet.

When I saw the , video I was just north of Bagdad, and had just been through a mortar attack. My point is, we been a round a time or 2. I know the difference between Chicken salad and Chicken sh&t.

BB explained in his "business 101" class the "Y" factor being the available amount of money the company could pay the pilots. He explained that the target profit was not being reached and therefore the company could not pay us more. Well, as I understand it from the business 101 that I took, salary is part of business cost, not profits.

So, I'm not buyin it, and I don't think by brethren is either.

BB is a politician, so is magee. You look at them and say bullsh*t, they ignore you and continue with their bs as if it is gospel.

That is why we say nothing (my opinion). What point would it serve. They are getting paid by what they can take from the mouthes of our families.

Well there it is as far as I'm concerned.

If it wasn't so truly degrading, it would have probably been funny.

Semore Butts said:
Family, have you seen the DVD that BB sent out to the pilots? I wish you could if you haven't.

BB tries to talk to us like he's grandpa and he just caught his grandchild stealing a cookie.

(Bad Johhny, you don't need more money son, Grandpa knows whats best for you, your kids are better working at a factory or fast food place anyway, they don't deserve to go to college. Vacations are a pain anyway, if you can't afford to go on one it will be better anyway)

Not much of a way to talk to a group that flies multi million dollar clients in multi million dollar aircraft all over the planet.

When I saw the , video I was just north of Bagdad, and had just been through a mortar attack. My point is, we been a round a time or 2. I know the difference between Chicken salad and Chicken sh&t.

BB explained in his "business 101" class the "Y" factor being the available amount of money the company could pay the pilots. He explained that the target profit was not being reached and therefore the company could not pay us more. Well, as I understand it from the business 101 that I took, salary is part of business cost, not profits.

So, I'm not buyin it, and I don't think by brethren is either.

BB is a politician, so is magee. You look at them and say bullsh*t, they ignore you and continue with their bs as if it is gospel.

That is why we say nothing (my opinion). What point would it serve. They are getting paid by what they can take from the mouthes of our families.

Well there it is as far as I'm concerned.

If it wasn't so truly degrading, it would have probably been funny.

Do you honestly think these guys that you name go to work looking forward to making your day harder? Give me a break, reading these posts, you seem to be able to do that all on your own. They were hired to run this company, safely and efficiently while still being good stewards of our owners money (remember...the people that allow us to receive a paycheck??)
You are unfortunately making this negotiation between the company and the union/pilots more about the who than the what. They are people with families...employees...just like you and I with a job to do. Period. We can sit here and be 1 of 4k employees and remain anonymous with our bad a$$ threats while they have no choice but to be thrown in the fire with no anonymity and figure out how to make this thing work for all involved. I for one, give them credit for that because if it were me, I would not have subjected myself to this abuse past day one.
How would you like it if they got on this board and defamed you as blatantly as you do them?Treat others as you would like to be treated. Didn't your Mother ever tell you that if you don't have anything nice to say...don't say anything at all...

If I was paid 1.5 million a year like Mr. Moisture then I would say flame away. He is only here for another year. How many management teams have we had? How many has Southwest had? Hmmmm.....I wonder if Old Herb would like to run this place as well as he did at Southwest. Maybe we can talk him into coming here to NJA.

Latest resources

Back