• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Smoking Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have had 3 smokers this calendar year. One went to the toilet to smoke.

If you see drugs, notify the company asap. If you ask the owner (island returns) then supposedly that is all you can to do. You might have to convince customs and DEA that you knew nothing. This is one area that I thought the company could have spent more time on during indoc.

I've had them twice in just over two years on the line, so in my relatively brief time I agree with it being rare. It is rather irritating, but as was stated, really like having to hang out in a smoke-filled bar. Or for that matter, any pub or bar in much of Europe, though lately that is changing even there.

If worst comes to worst you could put on the mask. And below 10 the safety signs are on and they need to put it out in preparation for landing.

If they were chain smokers and there's another pax leg scheduled out of the destination, personally I'd send an AFIS message to the company that they really need to get another plane to recover the flight because nothing short of professional cleaning is going to expel the odor.

To add a wrinkle to the question - are pilots allowed to smoke?

Our pilots aren't permitted to smoke or use any tobacco product while on board the aircraft. Which is good, because the smell of a cup full of used dip will get me puking every time. :puke:

Drug use?

Back in the day when I was at a "Fractional flying lears", a couple owners "Toked up" while on board!

The crew reported it and management said they would deal with it and to "drive on".

The crew said excuse me? We are not putting our FAA tickets on line!

Oops, I guess your right! Both pilots were given 30 days off and it was reported to the FAA.

That is of course what I heard, you would have to get the straight scoop from those directly involved.

I also heard the crew immedietely went out and "scored a bag" and got "toasty" since they had the next 30 days off!!!!

(I of course made that last part up!)

Latest resources

Back