• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Smoking Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Many airlines that charter allow smoking on charters.

Never claimed to be an MD did I? I'm just saying that a couple of flights over the span of YEARS is not a "health danger" and is melodramatic. Chill out man

I'm as chill as a cucumber. Smoke doesn't always have long term affects but short term affects such as increased asthma irritation, and allergy complications.

If the big man didn't smoke we'd have gone non smoking a long time ago. Look at CS, they have non smoking airplanes and I bet you they offer it a sales pitch to those that don't smoke.

If the big man didn't smoke we'd have gone non smoking a long time ago. Look at CS, they have non smoking airplanes and I bet you they offer it a sales pitch to those that don't smoke.

This is true. CS sales guys use it as a selling point. They said the only reason NJ allows it is because upper level mgmt has some smokers.

I actually had to make a stop one time with an owner because he wanted to smoke. No fuel was uploaded.

I had an owner ask if he could smoke a cigar. He had his own ashtray and said he would sit in the aft seat and try to be considerate as possible. I said -let me see if it would bother my partner-as I smoke cigars and if he got tired of those nice Dunhills I could give him something "cheaper" from my stash. He enjoyed his cigar-it was no worse than some of the cigarette smokers I've had in the back-and on the way out-stuck 6 Dunhills in my hand!

I wish NJA was a non-smoking company like CS. But, it is such an infrequent occurance that it is pretty much a non-issue. Breathing all the Jet A fumes on the various FBO ramps has got to be more of a health issue than a once a year inflight smoker.

This is true. CS sales guys use it as a selling point. .

That's smart!
No one wants to get a plane after some skanky smoker has violated it...and anyone can tell even if they've used an ozone machine/nasty air freshener/etc. I think we all can tell if someone has smoked in a hotel room, no matter what measures they try to take.
Yuck. If so many "don't" smoke, it only makes sense it is a selling point that "we don't allow smoking on our planes."

RTS himself used to chain-smoke. I used to fly him quite a bit and on one trip, the FO put his mask on. RTS laughed at him.

Latest resources

Back