Netjets Overtime

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jet1man

Hey all, I'm hoping that someone can give me a rough idea of how much overtime is available (on average). I'm a 7 yr CPT at a regional, and I am very interested in making the change to Netjets (if they decide to hire me of course!!). I'm trying to come up with a realalistic income estimate for a first yr FO. I know that reserve pays about $46000, but I'm trying to find out how much more I could make if I needed to.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Fly Safe.

The best way to be sure to make extra cash is to volunteer to extend or work as many holidays as possible. For a reserve guy, working all of them will get you another $3200. OT really depends on which fleet you're in. X guys seems to get the most. You ought to get at least 4-6 hours per tour, though. at 5 hrs OT/tour, 22 flying tours would get you about another $3400. Not counting any possible extended days or grievances, $53000/yr as 1st year FO on the reserve schedule, with 10 holidays/extended days per year. I think that's a pretty conservative estimate. Also doesn't count per diem, which is mostly free money since we get crew food on the road.

As an F/O, expect to make anywhere from $5,000-$15,000 more than your base salary per year. It all depends on how much O/T you get on your first day of a tour, per diem, etc. On average I would say 7 on/7 off pilots make about $50k in yr one and $55k in yr two.

Best of luck and enjoy NetJets!

I average $500 in OT per tour. Every tour. It's even better when you work a holiday or the company keeps you out on tour after midnight. Chaching.

It's nice getting the extra on the paychecks from the overtime, but you are mostly earning that money. I just did 6 days with 12.5 hours of overtime in there and I'll tell you what- it kicks your ass working 14 hour days. That soft pay isn't so soft after all when you are going all day almost every day with min or close to min rest. I also wouldn't base your decision to come here on how much overtime and how many extended days you can get because both will most likely slow down well before anyone new upgrades. Right now we are seriously short of qualified pilots in most of the fleets. I think we'll keep hiring quite a few for at least a few years, but eventually we'll get caught up to adequate numbers and probably before the hiring boom stops.

FLYLOW22 said:
I average $500 in OT per tour. Every tour. It's even better when you work a holiday or the company keeps you out on tour after midnight. Chaching.
But a new-hire FO won't make that same amount.

jtf said:
Right now we are seriously short of qualified pilots in most of the fleets.
Unless there are uncrewed planes sitting around, I don't think that's what contributes to getting slammed. Shortage of airplanes equates to getting slammed.

Latest resources

Back