• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Overtime

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First I'd like to thank everyone who replied to my question.

I've noticed that there are three FO pay levels for the different type/size of aircraft you are on. While upgrade time is uncertain at best, I'm wondering how long would it take to be able to bid into one of the aircraft that pays a higher FO rate.

Thanks again.

You'll be seatlocked for 2 years on the aircraft you're hired into (you could upgrade in that time, though). If you then bid into another aircraft as an FO, you will be seat and equipment locked for 2 more years. If you were to do that, you'd be gambling that upgrade takes at least 4 years. That's not a gamble I'd take to get higher FO pay.

All FO rates pay the same, regardless of size, for Category 1-3. So bidding a Falcon to make more won't work. For anyone below sn#500, bidding a Cat 4-5 aircraft isn't really a consideration.

Last edited:
Ultra Grump said:
Unless there are uncrewed planes sitting around, I don't think that's what contributes to getting slammed. Shortage of airplanes equates to getting slammed.

Read the President's Message, dated 3/29/06. The statement is made that there are airworthy aircraft indeed parked, waiting for crews. The large-cabin planes have an ongoing problem while other aircraft get shorted on crews on certain days of the week.

The message is available on the union board in the crew lounge area.

UG - No problem. There's been a lot of speculation that we're short of planes, pilots, both or neither. I thought the statements in the president's message were interesting and germane.

Guitar Guy,

Could you PM me a copy of the presidents message? I have an interview soon and would like to see exactly is going on over there. The fact that there are aircraft parked is good news for us interviewing, bad news for customers. What exactly does he mean he has a problem with large cabin aircraft? What aircraft are they short on right now? I am praying for DA-2000, CE-750, G-200 in that order. I hope I get one of the first 2 quick.

Thanks.

Just remember copying and posting information from the union message board to flightinfo or anything off of our board is a 30 day suspension.

Diesel,

Sorry for asking. I did not know it was against company policy. I guess I will learn about it when I get hired.

Thanks.

Latest resources

Back