NetJets not furloughing because of charter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

diggertwo

One reason I have heard that NetJets has not furloughed is because a clause in the contract stipulates they would not be allowed to charter aircraft if guys are on the street. Any truth to this?

Will NetJets furlough?

I heard Netjets is going to Furlough?

Why Netjets hasn't furlough?

Why Netjets can't furlough?

In about 2 or 3 days someone else will start a thread about NetJets and furloughs......diferent title, same bulls*it

Will NetJets furlough?

I heard Netjets is going to Furlough?

Why Netjets hasn't furlough?

Why Netjets can't furlough?

In about 2 or 3 days someone else will start a thread about NetJets and furloughs......diferent title, same bulls*it

Exactly!
As usual, the self appointed voices/defenders of the pilots of NJA will spring forward in their usual quixotic ( foolishly impractical especially in the pursuit of ideals ; especially : marked by rash lofty romantic ideas or extravagantly chivalrous action) to defend the brand :rolleyes:
There are lots of NJA haters just hoping for more bad news!

I'm not sure of the motivations of those asking about Netjets furloughs and I don't care. I don't expect furloughs for three reasons:

1) There are very firm restrictions and penalties on the company if there are NJA pilots on furlough with major limits on all outside flying including charter and, one could argue, even the use of NJE or NJI to cover NJA customer trips.

2) There would be a substantial expense in retraining crews to replace pilots on the fleets largely populated by junior F/O's (ie: Beechjet, Excel).

3) It opens a major can of worms with the pending NJA/NJI seniority list integration and how any furlough would be spread among the two groups.

I still expect and have recently heard more rumors about an enhanced retirement incentive package that would be offered to pilots closer to traditional retirement age. That would spread pilot force reductions over a wider area and blunt retraining costs. This is one rumor I really hope is true.

I have never understood the fascination some people have about other companies furloughing. To wish that on anyone, to me, shows a deep disregard for others, and themselves.

We should all hope for just the opposite, for hiring. It would indicate a strong trend in this sector of the aircraft industry, and consequently goodness for all of us in the long run.

Good luck to us all.

X

I have never understood the fascination some people have about other companies furloughing. To wish that on anyone, to me, shows a deep disregard for others, and themselves.

We should all hope for just the opposite, for hiring. It would indicate a strong trend in this sector of the aircraft industry, and consequently goodness for all of us in the long run.

Good luck to us all.

X

Amen Brother. We've all got a dog in this fight.

If an announcement has not been made, then just let it go.

So we have pretty much established that whatever the reason that NJ isn't furloughing (negative customer perception, Santulli and Buffett are great guys, training costs, etc, etc.) that if furloughs *had* been decided upon by mgt. it would be extremely difficult to go through with them due to the NJ UNION CONTRACT. That appears to be a fact.

I'm not really a union man (having been hosed by unions more than helped by them) but in this case you can't argue that having a union and a good contract in place (with the right protective clauses in it) has not been a GOOD THING.

CS and Flex, on the other hand, can slice and dice pilots whenever and wherever they want---there's simply no protection whatsoever.

Guys, you are getting something for your union dues....

Thanks Imacdog,

I hadn't been able to find the contract anywhere, otherwise I wouldn't have posted the thread. Thanks for the link.

Just my 2 cents: I don't think anyone wants to see NJ furlough ANY pilot. I SURE DON'T! However, there seems to be this perseption that NJ is immuned to the "Tough" times we are ALL experiencing today.

"If you've never changed your flight plan....one day you will....."I promise you."

Latest resources

Back