Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets "newhire to captain" timeframe??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
10yrs, but I believe it was Wolf Pack that said you don't take a job at place based on when you would upgrade.

About 2/3 of pilots at NJA are captains. We have atrition of about 80-100 a year from retirements, career changes, etc... If you get hired tomorrow you will be #3000 or so. In five years at the current rate of hiring and atrition, your seniority would be 2400-2600 out of 4400-4500. So five years if we keep hiring 300 a year.

This is all speculation and has a lot of variables. Personally, I wouldn't worry about the upgrade. The QOL for me is so much better than the airlines I could really care less.

Hope that helps.

There are sooooo many factors that can change upgrade time. Aircraft deliveries being the most obvious (Where is that 4000???). Training slots. Aircraft swapping by pilots. Etc...

When asked by applicants when they might expect upgrade we tell them "We don't know" because we don't. It is the only truthful answer we can give.

Anyone who tells you anything else is their personal guess. You should take it as that.

Latest resources

Back