Netjets New Payscale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
VmaxFlyR said:
I realize you may not have the benefit of years of experience in the aviation industry, but I'm surprised that you don't know that unionized crew member's salaries ARE generally indexed, as well as including annual "aniversary" increases...of course if Netjets can get away without protecting the standard of living of Capt. B, more power to them, but I don't think that the current union seems as "green."

Vmax - you really should make up your mind as to what group you want to compare yourselves to.....

Is it going to be the unionized airlines or the non-unionized NBAA jobs?

It appears that you want to cherry pick the best attributes of both areas and also retain your current advantages that may not be present in the other areas....

dukeofdub said:
It is good to see the Union coming back to the Bargaining table. The Company has offered to show you all the NetJets Inc. books and has tried to communicate their position quite clearly. So lets all hope that we are getting closer and that there will be an agreement in the near future. Nobody likes all the bickering and we are still on the same team. If you believe that everything from the Company is propoganda then you have to understand that everything the Union says is propganda. It is and you know it. You just don't want to hear anything except what you think is right.

It will be over someday and the tone will become more civil. It does no good to call each other names, and it does no good for pilots to go on a campaign of damaging the company. That will lose the respect of everybody, and you know it.

Everybody wants fair wages, but you have to decide what is fair, what is right and where you want to work. Do you expect anybody to believe your statement about the books you asked for? I think not. I would have expected more from a professional.

Not really sure which direction you are coming from. You are correct, I shouldn't call people names. That is what being cooped up in a cockpit will do to you sometimes. For that I apologize. My post is from the source. I have a friend who is on the negotiating team. He has been a long time "brother figure" to me. What he tells me is truthfull. I trust him with my life and he feels the same. I don't expect anyone to believe me. I was ranting because of the "inside" privilage that I have.

Don't really understand the "more from a professional" either. Again, it was just an irritated rant that I have since cooled off from.

Look, this is business. I wouldn't expect anything less from the company. Get us for as cheap as they can. We will try to take as much as we can. The negotiating team understands this as well. Unlike most of the pilot group, the negotiators are NOT taking this personally. They know that this is how the game is played. True professionals they are for understanding that. They have the ability to keep emotions out of it. I, on the other hand, couldn't do what they do. I would have beat the crap out of someone across the table already. I know it is not right, but I would have a hard time keeping the emotions out. That is why they are there and I am here.

Still confused though about where you are coming from.:confused:

That is what being cooped up in a cockpit will do to you sometimes. For that I apologize.

Sorry I dont buy it. Most men and women who are cooped up in a cockpit understand how to have basic manners when they get out.

Poor manners are just that and it has nothing to do with your profession. It has everything to do with choice.

Schrode do i know you

Schrode said:
The "new pay scale" that is being negotiated will provide a benefits package and pay that will allow a pilot to attain a quality of life and security for his/her career at NetJets without jeopardizing the financial standing of NetJets or Berkshire Hathaway. It will also provide a good working enviornment where safety and stability is a key factor in providing Service Excellence to our owners, passengers, their guests and families. With this "new pay scale" NetJets will be the leader in Fractional Ownership for the long term, and will become "the place" for pilots to aspire to be for an aviation career.

Without the "new pay scale", NetJets will become just another place to work, until you can go somewhere else. Much like the Regional Airline Industry is today.

Hey Schorde way to go on the "New Pay Scale" Question. I have to say that you sound a little managerial in your response...so i know you?? perhaps a name change is in order. Your cover is blown!!!! BANG

FAcFriend said:
That is what being cooped up in a cockpit will do to you sometimes. For that I apologize.

Sorry I dont buy it. Most men and women who are cooped up in a cockpit understand how to have basic manners when they get out.

Poor manners are just that and it has nothing to do with your profession. It has everything to do with choice.

I think it was tongue-in-cheek on his part. I think you are too stupid to realize that.

Boy am i glad i don't work for Netjets. Sounds like a complete mess by the sounds of all of you.

Good luck gentlemen.

You know i have to ask one simple question.....and yes im pissed! What is a standard of living???? Since when is ti the Companys responsibilty to "Provide you with a standard of living"? I always under the impression that it was the workers job to provide his own "Standard of Living". In other words saving money, investing, etc. If ya cant manage 30, 000 boys trust me youll never manage 50, 60, 70 or hundred..enough said!!!

I have nothing to do with Netjets, I mostly read these threads for the humor factor once in a great while....but the above post is the stupidest darn thing I've ever heard. Boy - you're either really young and dumb, or you haven't been in the working world very long.

Now before you fire back, don't waste your time b/c the last thing you'll get from me is a back and forth argument.

Latest resources

Back