NetJets Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
El Chupacabra said:
we know you don't care. thats why we hate you.

But I just read about an owner who was happy he was able to recover his flight on a QS tail instead of the selloff you had for him.

Lets keep things going just the way it is now....

El keep it going this way??
Get it over quick. Lose the customers....Slow down the business....ALL within the contract.

NJA Pilots win- Unemployment..

I am happy with that. Either way.

Whatever you prefer.

Unemployment. Lets do it.

I can replace this income tomorrow.

Last edited:
FamillyGuy,

I suggest that the supply exceeds the demand for pilots. In south Florida pilots are paying for their jobs to fly a B1900. A flight instructor somewhere in Texas is working for free up to 60 hours a week. Flying through a thunderstorm somewhere in Michigan, a freight dog is risking his life for $10/hr. In Southern Illinois another 18 year old just declared his major in Aeronautical Science. In Washington state, a 10 year old girl is drawing a picture of a jet engine instead of paying attention during math class. In rural Kansas, a high school student has just watched the Blue Angels and now wants to be a pilot. Don't forget the thousends of military pilots who are leaving the service every year who have 15 years of flying experience.

The job carries with it a degree of romance that computer programmer, human resource consultant, or accountant does not have. Its almost like hollywood or performance professions where you get many persuing a dream they had since youth. If a union is needed to protect pilots from themselves to "artificially" inflate the price of labor to maintain a livable wage, then so be it. Anti-union rhetoric from someone out of the profession should be regarded as offensive.

FamilyGuy said:
Its like all those rubber-necks for the accident on the highway....my curiousity got the best of me.

And you do have a public union website...complete with a section for the owners and employees....right? Will we see a picture of the upside down sign there?

When you look at those guys down their I belive you are jealous. Each of those guys and gals worked very hard to get to the positions they have. Some of those guys went through military flight school where only the best and brightest survived. More than a few of them holding their signs have flown F15's or Cobra Helicopters in combat. Behind those guys is a story that could be published for its heroism and integrity.

That semi-overweight guy with peppered gray hair, he is a retired 747 pilot of 30 years. He has made thousends of judgement calls that determined the survival of houndreds of people. He has refused flights into poor weather, he has added extra fuel when his dispatcher didn't agree, he has known through experience what will kill his passengers and what will not.

Whats your story?

What you see out the window are men and women who are not used to losing, not used to settling for mediocrity. They are the best and brightest in their fields. You should be ashamed of yourself for belittling their efforts.

loverobot said:
When you look at those guys down their I belive you are jealous. Each of those guys and gals worked very hard to get to the positions they have. Some of those guys went through military flight school where only the best and brightest survived. More than a few of them holding their signs have flown F15's or Cobra Helicopters in combat. Behind those guys is a story that could be published for its heroism and integrity.

Interesting....you want me to show respect and deference to these individuals based on their backgrounds, which is something that I am willing to do.

The sad part is that our leaders, Boisture and McGhee, have that exact same background, in spades, yet all I see on this website about them is derision and ridicule.

Why arent you stepping up to the plate and defending them based on their history of serving this country?

loverobot said:
FamillyGuy,

I suggest that the supply exceeds the demand for pilots. In south Florida pilots are paying for their jobs to fly a B1900. A flight instructor somewhere in Texas is working for free up to 60 hours a week. Flying through a thunderstorm somewhere in Michigan, a freight dog is risking his life for $10/hr. In Southern Illinois another 18 year old just declared his major in Aeronautical Science. In Washington state, a 10 year old girl is drawing a picture of a jet engine instead of paying attention during math class. In rural Kansas, a high school student has just watched the Blue Angels and now wants to be a pilot. Don't forget the thousends of military pilots who are leaving the service every year who have 15 years of flying experience.

The job carries with it a degree of romance that computer programmer, human resource consultant, or accountant does not have. Its almost like hollywood or performance professions where you get many persuing a dream they had since youth. If a union is needed to protect pilots from themselves to "artificially" inflate the price of labor to maintain a livable wage, then so be it.

The problem with your position is that we are not talking about getting these pilots a livable wage. These pilots already make between $50,000 and $72,000, according to their own union officials.

Plus the company has already stated they are willing to give them a fair raise, which is almost unheard of in recent industry history...look around.

As for the romance of the position, so does a park ranger, many of whom make near poverty level wages, yet you dont see them forming unions and demanding artificially high wages. These park rangers have pursued a dream since childhood, why should we let simple economics get in the way from paying them $100k at year 5?

loverobot said:
Anti-union rhetoric from someone out of the profession should be regarded as offensive.

Why? The other employees of this company that are having their livlihoods threatened by these unreasonable demands have every right to speak up and make their feelings known....especially on a public board that union supporters are using as a platform to unfairly malign what is a very good company.

El Chupacabra said:
I have a funny way of not defending evil people.

That cuts both ways, doesnt it?

The question is - how are you defining evil?

here is how... Last week My pax asked if this was a good company to work for... and I said, " Sure its a good company to work for."

Oh my goodness! You people are insane!

Let me see, graduate OSU with a 4 yr degree, go across the street to NJA get a starting job in the low 30's, maybe even move up to scheduling quick for some more money. And with fairly no experience.

Now, If a pilot could get hired with all ratings and a 4yr degree right out of college and 0.0 hrs they would start at 27,100. That's with NO experience.

Somebody please tell me why this is so hard to understand in the fact that the pilots need the money.

...oh, and add flight attendents to that first paragragh too.

Lord help the ignorance!

Latest resources

Back