NetJets Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FamilyGuy said:
Grump - why do you want to use the reserve guarantee? I thought you guys were opposed to working more hours for more money?
I use the reserve guarantee because the junior guy will be making that. And I'll educate you about airline life - nobody just gets paid guarantee. Lines aren't built that way.

I'm not opposed to being paid more for more work - I'm opposed to management taking our current, 8-year-old rates, making us work more for those same rates, and calling it a "raise."

Let's say you make $30,000 for your 2000 hours of work per year. You go in to your boss to ask for a raise, because you haven't had one in 8 years. He says "Sure! How does $37,000 sound?" You say "Wow! A 23% raise! Sounds great!" He then says "Great, then you won't mind working 2460 hours a year for it, right?"

You wouldn't mind, would you? :rolleyes:

And if you want to be totally fair about it, why dont you include the last company offer of 23% in the NJ totals?
Because that 23% wasn't in my paycheck last time I checked. Same reason I don't use the EMB rates for JB - nobody is getting those rates yet.

And compare BBJ rates to the A320 rates?
I don't compare BBJ rates to A320 because almost nobody here gets paid BBJ rates, while pretty much every captain at JB is paid A320 rates. You were the one who tried to compare the pay rates to make a point - I am merely proving your point wrong.

FamilyGuy said:
I know its larger, carries more passengers, and most importantly, will generate more revenue than any aircraft you will fly at NJA.

What else do I need to know?

Actually you are WRONG. None of their EMBs generates as much revenue as a Citation X on a Marquis flight from Boston to SFO.

A full boat A320 would bring in about the same as the X if the average ticket was $350.

The A320 would not generate as much revenue as a Falcon 2000 on the same marquis trip. In fact it would fall about 10K short of the revenues the Falcon generated.

Last edited:
El Chupacabra said:
Actually you are WRONG. None of their EMBs generates as much revenue as a Citation X on a Marquis flight from Boston to SFO.

A full boat A320 would bring in about the same as the X if the average ticket was $350.

The A320 would not generate as much revenue as a Falcon 2000 on the same marquis trip. In fact it would fall about 10K short of the revenues the Falcon generated.

Family Guy,
When the hole gets too deep, stop digging!!!

Family Guy,
When the hole gets too deep, stop digging!!!

It doesn't matter if he is wrong, it just matters that he keeps beating the same tired company drum....over and over and over and .........

We all realize that we are arguing with a company Neal and not even a line pilot.

Although it is fun to watch someone to take a beating after a while my fists get tired.

Diesel said:
We all realize that we are arguing with a company Neal and not even a line pilot.

Although it is fun to watch someone to take a beating after a while my fists get tired.
Yeah, but I've got some nice callouses on my knuckles, and this one's been fun.

dsptchrNJA said:
Can't say I can speak for any other operation but Jet Blue seems to be getting along nicely without a union. And even though not a "major" themselves I'm guessing the vast majority of their pilots came from major airlines with union representation.

I believe your $3,000 is nothing compared to the compensation you would have accumulated over the years without a union to muck up the salary decisions with bureaucracy and politics. NJI is evidence. EJM is evidence. NJA non-negotiating employees are evidence to suppport this speculation.

Mr. Dispatcher,

JetBlue, NJI and all the rest of the non-union airline jobs enjoy a parasitic benefit from the union jobs. Management hates unions and will pay a premium to keep them off the property. Yourself, and the employees of the non-union ones you so envy are being paid off not to join a union.

As you hold hands and sing the benefits of your free market pay scales just remember those that are sacrificing for you.

Mr. Dispatcher, you are a true believer. You look upon the world with eyes of a child, its cute and comfortable. The reality is that you are an employee, not an entrepenuer or risk-taker. You have a business agreement with your employer just as the pilots do, only the pilots have one in writing. A business agreement in writing is much easier to understand and provides stability and predictability in an unstable world.

El Chupacabra said:

I'd like to see how you are calculating your single trip numbers El Chup. I'm skeptical that single trip numbers will prove your point.

Regardless, my larger point is that the EMB will generate more revenue per day. We all know that the airlines get far more use out of their equipment, flying multiple legs per day on average, while we do far less than that. This is why Jetblue will get more revenue out of the EMB than we will with our aircraft.

loverobot said:
Mr. Dispatcher,

JetBlue, NJI and all the rest of the non-union airline jobs enjoy a parasitic benefit from the union jobs. Management hates unions and will pay a premium to keep them off the property. Yourself, and the employees of the non-union ones you so envy are being paid off not to join a union.

As you hold hands and sing the benefits of your free market pay scales just remember those that are sacrificing for you.

Mr. Dispatcher, you are a true believer. You look upon the world with eyes of a child, its cute and comfortable. The reality is that you are an employee, not an entrepenuer or risk-taker. You have a business agreement with your employer just as the pilots do, only the pilots have one in writing. A business agreement in writing is much easier to understand and provides stability and predictability in an unstable world.

No, it's in fact the unions that eke out a parasitic life. They are renowned for artificially driving up wages beyond what supply and demand typically will support.

Management does not pay premiums to keep them off property. It has been well documented that non-union employees generally receive less pay and fewer benefits than their non-union counterparts, yet are more happy and satisfied with their jobs.

Unions must sow discontent in the ranks to justify and propogate their existance. This is what leads union members to report less job satisfaction.

Latest resources

Back