Netjets Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawk2wp

I have received my invitation for an interview 3 months after my application was accepted. The email offers several dates in December to interview and the option to interview at a later date. Does anyone know how long an interview opportunity can be deferred? What would the ramifications be for doing so? Will a type rating help for initial assighnment in that aircraft? If offered a position, how long can your start date be deferred?
Thanks in advance!​

I have received my invitation for an interview 3 months after my application was accepted. The email offers several dates in December to interview and the option to interview at a later date. Does anyone know how long an interview opportunity can be deferred? What would the ramifications be for doing so? Will a type rating help for initial assighnment in that aircraft? If offered a position, how long can your start date be deferred?

Thanks in advance!​

1. Not sure....why wait?
2. Loss of seniority.
3. Probably not.
4. Again, not sure. But why the wait. Its all about seniority.

Thanks in advance!​

I'll take an early interview date if you don't want it!!!!!

1. Not sure....why wait?
2. Loss of seniority.
3. Probably not.
4. Again, not sure. But why the wait. Its all about seniority.

What he said.

If you have a chance to interview you absolutley must. Unless you are making a tremendous amount more than the pilots at NJA, you are passing up a lot of money.

You might think that just waiting a couple of months is no big deal. But it is. You might think, "Well, I make almost as much as that now. So the difference in pay not that much. I'll wait".

Errr WRONG.

Like the previous poster posted...it's about seniority! Why, cause with seniority comes the Gr$$n. Delaying the interview and getting your seniority puts more and more people in front of you. More and more people in front of you means delaying your upgrade....alot. Perhaps months if not a year or so.

So waiting and not getting in when you can, will delay your upgade and pay raise to PIC grade. And if you look at the payscale that WILL be in place soon, that is a SH$T load of cash. Over a 100k for PIC after 5 yrs. And by waiting you got stuck at SIC pay for another year. You just passed up $30k+. Wait to go smarty

So by waiting it's not just costing you a couple of hundreds of dollars per month in pay difference from your current job, it's costing you thousands in future pay by waiting.

Other reasons why not to wait.

Consider QOL. Huge difference to some other places the "claim" to be a fractional.

Health insurance. This is huge over at NJA. Do you realize they pay 100% of your premiums?! What's that to you in saving per year compared to your current position?

Short erm and Long term Disability are paid for.

Spouse, you and children are covered from day one of hire!

Domestic Partner is covered. And it's not what you are thinking when you hear "domestic partner" (Not that there's anything wrong with that ;) " What that means, is that people like your fiance' are covered as well. So if your shacked up with that cow and decided to keep "getting it for free" she or he falls under the catagory of domestic partner.

ie. Share a home, a loan, a joint account, etc... Meet 3 of 25 qaulifiers and they are covered under insurance as well.

So again....why are people waiting or deferring interviews ???????

you pass up the interview.. you have some serious issues.. mabey SJS (shiny Jet syndrome) alot of my buddies at the regionals have it...

look at yourself in the mirror and ask your self if you have SJS? if you answer yes... pass on the interview!

Unless you are in the military and deployed, then you should interview. And if you are military, tell Derinda your situation and she'll work with you.

BTW, I had shiny jet syndrome and that is why I came to NJA. We have shiny jets. I also had a desire for stability.

um yep, i laid back for 6 months and thats 200 guys in front of me for upgrade now, gosh dammit

Latest resources

Back