• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1. Not sure....why wait?
2. Loss of seniority.
3. Probably not.
4. Again, not sure. But why the wait. Its all about seniority.

I was thinking I might wait because things are supposed to get better where I work and I was recently typed and have a contract for almost another year. After considering yours and everybody elses answers I agree that deferring the interview would not be a wise decision. The additional income and NJ will pay off my contract in 1-2 years.
I have been following the IBB process and have read many posts over the past several months and it is quite apparent that NJ would be a great company to work for. Even if my current employer were to match the pay (which I doubt will happen) they can never give me the schedule or the job security that NJ can. Not to mention the health care and the 401k match. What can expect as far as vacation time with the new TA?
I want to thank everyone for your responses, all were very helpful.

Vacation time at NetJets -

After one year of service, two weeks vacation

After five years service, three weeks vacation

After ten years of service, four weeks vacation

This is unchanged from the current contract. On the 7/7 schedule, your awarded vacation week will cancel out the entire work week that it most closely matches, leaving you with 21 days off in a row. On the other schedules, the four days before and after your vacation week are blocked out, giving you a minimum of 15 days off in a row.

I was thinking I might wait because things are supposed to get better where I work and I was recently typed and have a contract for almost another year. After considering yours and everybody elses answers I agree that deferring the interview would not be a wise decision. The additional income and NJ will pay off my contract in 1-2 years.
I have been following the IBB process and have read many posts over the past several months and it is quite apparent that NJ would be a great company to work for. Even if my current employer were to match the pay (which I doubt will happen) they can never give me the schedule or the job security that NJ can. Not to mention the health care and the 401k match. What can expect as far as vacation time with the new TA?
I want to thank everyone for your responses, all were very helpful.

You have to get the job first......
Waco

go interview and then make a decision after you have a job offer

I wouldnt let a training contract get in the way of advancement

Latest resources

Back