• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets in 2012/13 ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those deliveries were more for NJ Mideast if I remember correctly. It will be interesting to see where they go though, with the China operation most likely coming on line next year also.

From an interview with the CEO of Gulfstream in May, 2010-

The annual report also mentions a $1.4 billion long-term backlog for fractional aircraft, which is not included in the $19.3 billion backlog. Why?

We elected some years ago to take NetJets out of our backlog. There were questions about how many of these are options, how many have deposits, and so we decided to take them out until they are firmed up and close to delivery. We have long-term contracts and I cannot talk about them specifically. Obviously, NetJets has been going through some changes this year.

I'm not too sure that any Gulfstreams are scheduled to be delivered.

Across at NJE, we haven't (yet) had any specific information about when/if/how many Globals will come our way.

However, we had had some details explaining where they might compare to our existing fleets (cabin size, numbers of pax, range, performance, equipment, etc); on that basis, it seems reasonable to suggest that we will take a %% of the orders.

Bouncing around the numbers, we have been told that there are more Global Express/XRS airframes in Europe than GV/G550s.......

Across at NJE, we haven't (yet) had any specific information about when/if/how many Globals will come our way.

However, we had had some details explaining where they might compare to our existing fleets (cabin size, numbers of pax, range, performance, equipment, etc); on that basis, it seems reasonable to suggest that we will take a %% of the orders.

Bouncing around the numbers, we have been told that there are more Global Express/XRS airframes in Europe than GV/G550s.......

Mike,

Thanks for the post - always informative. Given that you guys in Europe also fly the Falcon 7X, what do you think is the thinking regarding ultimate fleet mix in Europe? I know you already operate the GV (older version) and the G550. Do you think the Globals would cannibalize the 7X market or vice versa? How many more 7X airframes are on the way for NJE?

Like at NJA, I would think that NJE would also want to consolidate fleet types and the GV, G550, 7X and now potentially the Global would translate into quite a few types at the top with little opportunity to scale and spread costs effectively...

Last edited:
johnsonrod, sorry for the delay in replying; had a 0200z/0500L wake-up call in Moscow this morning, it's much warmer here in Nice (via Paris)!

<<<< ….. what do you think is the thinking regarding ultimate fleet mix in Europe? >>>>

If I knew that, I’d be the CEO! However, looking at our type of operations, together with the comparison information that was given to us, I would guess that when we have enough numbers, it will become a strong contender for the work-horse of the Long Range (LR) fleet. However, as all owners like new toys, who knows? Maybe it will take an even more significant lead?? We would then have 3 LR types, F7x, Global XRS, & GV/G550.

<<< Do you think the Globals would cannibalize the 7X market or vice versa? >>>>

The comparison data is quite interesting, & the details all look to be factual, rather than sales “bull.”. Without giving commercial secrets away, it seems that the requirement to carry 14 pax &/or maximum range for the G550, is a small %% of our total usage. Not big surprises there really. So, as the Global XRS has a cabin that is bigger in all respects compared to both the G550 & F7x, it might be quite popular with the pax (& you can have a mid-cabin bulkhead – removable – for extra privacy). Apparently, the Global is also quieter in flight that the G550, & has better landing performance (auto-brakes + leading edge slats) = shorter runways?? Baggage = more than the F7x but slightly less than the G550. Global is approved ETOPs 180, same as the G550 = more direct routings for oceanic sectors. Of course, the F7x has an advantage of 3 engines, but you can’t stretch oceanic alternates too far!

Overall, the Global is fly-by-wire, lots of toys for the pilots to play with, & looks very good for the pax. It’s been around for long enough to shake down most of the initial teething/Mx issues. It could be a nice package all round.

<<<< How many more 7X airframes are on the way for NJE? >>>>

Sorry, not sure. I suspect that Dassault might have had their nose put out of joint for the large delays/cancellations that we hit them with & there seems to be a big demand for private F7x airframes = potential difficulties with getting a production slot?? Also, to me, the F7x is an expensive Gucci toy, notwithstanding the 3 engine capability & the certification for London City airport, which is quite handy. My crystal ball is very cloudy, but I would be guessing at 1 – 2 airframes next year. We currently have 2, so to my mind (maybe completely wrong), it makes it a little hard to operate as a “fleet” – if you have one on a LR flight, & the other in Europe & you get 2 bookings = gotta throw an equivalent aircraft at one of them = a G550. Would we let the F7x airframes go to minimise the number of LR fleets? Hmmm, that's a difficult one, not gonna quote odds for that!

So, we shall have to see if my forecasts are accurate! :D

<<<< How good is dispatch reliability on the 7X? >>>>

I don't have specific figures to quote, but it seems to be on a par with the G550, maybe very slightly better.

<<<< "Very slightly"? >>>>

Depends on which pilot from what fleet I am listening to! :rolleyes:

I can't pin it down objectively, & subjectively, as we currently only have 2 F7x aircraft, you tend to bump into G500 crews more often = more "feedback" from them.....but of course, it ain't biased....... ;)

Latest resources

Back