• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets in 2012/13 ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm getting the feeling we are "testing" Gulfstream. I don't know the specs of the 250, but if it's the size of the 200, I can't see that replacing the Falcon.

Piaggio? Doubt it. We are trying to streamline the product and reduce the number of OEMs. Embraer may well be working on a mid size that would foot the bill for Netjets US. It will all come down to reliability and cost. Something that was lost on our previous leadership. There was way too much emotion involved in the purchases made last decade.

Legacy 450/500. Embraer is giving massive discounts to sell their product right now.
No way on the 250.

My two cents guess:

Here is my setup to my speculation: Sokol was quoted in the BAC magazine saying that NetJets maked a 4-5% return last year which is ok, but not stellar for an investor. He further stated that Berkshire doesn't turn their back on a company, but does shrink it if it's not a performer. Shrinking a company, cuts away that fat and waste and helps it become leaner but yet more profitable. It was also quoted that NetJets is eyeing China and hope to begin ops there in 2012-2013.

Putting this all together: NJ may continue to shrink to lose the remaining fat to make it more profitable, it's excesses planes however will be shipped to China so NJ wouldn't have to buy new planes. What I speculate will occur is that there will be an option for our pilots to operate in China. I think they would look for volunteers first and then once that is exhausted, they will ask guys in reverse seniority to go. If you don't you're furloughed. If you think that is not possible to be given that choice, you would be furloughed anyways because of the downsizing and movement of planes.

So in the end this would be a speculative guess to what the pilots "will not like in 2012-2013". I would start working on your Rosetta stone.

im sure they would love to do that, but there is a huge legality issue there.

Legacy 450/500. Embraer is giving massive discounts to sell their product right now.
No way on the 250.

I totally agree with JJ. The Legacy 450/500 would be a perfect fit - new technology and the right size. Great replacement for the GTooUgly. I'll bet that the Phenom order was also a trial for Embrear with the 450/500 as a potential order if all goes well with the Phenom... That would be my uneducated guess.

Last edited:
Who the heck knows? I've spoken to guys who googled the attorney and said, "maybe we shouldn't have gotten rid of the Teamsters."

My money is on a large G250 order. It fits the medium/super mid size category well and would explain why Gulfstream has been expanding their Savannah facilities.

Asked CF when I was in his office last month and he said the G250 plans are DEAD. Not gonna happen.

Ah yes, one thing we can all count on is NJA PICs having the real inside scoop. :rolleyes::laugh:

The same is true of larger Embraer products. Dead as a door nail.

Really? That's surprising since the G200 and the older Falcons would need to be replaced anyway... I understand that fleet consolidation is the goal. You'd think (but I guess I am wrong) that the newer technology of the Legacy 450/500 and this new relationship with Embraer would lead to possible deals down the road - I am sure Embraer would look for a deal to guarantee some high-profile placement. Not sure that FLOPS has the money or the guts to order the 450/500.

Last edited:
Really? That's surprising since the G200 and the older Falcons would need to be replaced anyway... I understand that fleet consolidation is the goal. You'd think (but I guess I am wrong) that the newer technology of the Legacy 450/500 and this new relationship with Embraer would lead to possible deals down the road - I am sure Embraer would look for a deal to guarantee some high-profile placement. Not sure that FLOPS has the money or the guts to order the 450/500.

What would you want to own?

A Gulfsteam or Challenger or an ERJ 135 (Legacy)?

Not too many rich folks will pick the Commuter Plane

i heard that they were going to stop flying people and start hauling freight on demand with sorts in CMH,TEB,PBI,and ASP,all the furloughees will be recalled because of the high demand for this new product ,fractional freight. MRE's for crew meals, and the Blackberry's are traded in for beepers. ........China ?

Latest resources

Back