• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets in 2012/13 ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My best friend flies a Global XRS for a large and growing company. The passengers like it, the pilots tolerate it, the mechanics hate it. The only reason it runs is because the wrenches give it TLC ALL the time. In a fractional environment, the airframe will have "issues."

And it has NEVER met the advertised range, endurance, or runway performance.

And JJ, at least you have good taste in movies.

"Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'"

And it has NEVER met the advertised range, endurance, or runway performance.
Nor has the Ultra, Beechjet 400XP, G200, Hawker 800.....should I continue????
Get my drift? If it were so bad in regards to advertised range, endurance, or runway perf, then again, why is it still purchased?
The exact same thing was said about the G200 and it was still bought in huge numbers despite getting spanked by the Challenger 300 in your performance metrics.
Besides, saying the Global doesn't meet "advertised numbers" is like us average guys calling Jennifer Aniston "a little plump." :D

Get over it dude. I'm sure Jeff Immelt, the GE CEO has.

The Global program will cost Netjets more in operating costs, i.e. Training and Maintenance, right now Flight Safety only has 1 Global sim in Wilmington and Bombardier has a policy to not allow any other training center such as Flight Safety to get a new type sim like the Global 7000/8000 if it will be a new type, for 5 years, and force you to get trained in Montreal, that is why Flight Safety does not have a Challenger 605 sim yet. If the 7000/8000 has Fly-by-wire like the G650, then my bet is that it will be a seperate type since the FAA said no to Gulfstream on making it a comon type with the G550 due to the Fly-by-wire advances, but from what I heard is that there may be a short differences type for guys who already fly a G550. Gulfstream has said that the G650 has met or exceeded all performance specs, and is on-time with its delivery schedule, never heard that from Bombardier..I don't see the logic with his decision to buy the Global product, sure they may be cheaper than a G650 now, but wait when they start to operate them...

Last edited:
The Global program will cost Netjets more in operating costs, i.e. Training and Maintenance, right now Flight Safety only has 1 Global sim in Wilmington and Bombardier has a policy to not allow any other training center such as Flight Safety to get a new type sim like the Global 7000/8000 if it will be a new type, for 5 years, and force you to get trained in Montreal, that is why Flight Safety does not have a Challenger 605 sim yet. If the 7000/8000 has Fly-by-wire like the G650, then my bet is that it will be a seperate type since the FAA said no to Gulfstream on making it a comon type with the G550 due to the Fly-by-wire advances, but from what I heard is that there may be a short differences type for guys who already fly a G550. Gulfstream has said that the G650 has met or exceeded all performance specs, and is on-time with its delivery schedule, never heard that from Bombardier..I don't see the logic with his decision to buy the Global product, sure they may be cheaper than a G650 now, but wait when they start to operate them...

You don't think a 3 BILLION dollar order might change Bombardier's mind about the whole sim thing?

You don't think a 3 BILLION dollar order might change Bombardier's mind about the whole sim thing?
No way. Batsky has it all figured out based on what he hears. :)

Gulfstream has said that the G650 has met or exceeded all performance specs, and is on-time with its delivery schedule, never heard that from Bombardier..I don't see the logic with his decision to buy the Global product, sure they may be cheaper than a G650 now, but wait when they start to operate them...
The last clean sheet design from Bombardier was the Challenger 300. The Global was not a clean sheet. The CL300 met or exceeded EVERY delivery, and performance spec target you speak of and continues to outperform every product in it class. It's dispatch reliability is apparently incredible. They just delivered # 300 in 6 years. Let's see-the only other clean sheet Bombardier ever made was the 40/45 which again met or exceeded every one of your targets. You sound like some little old lady deciding to vote for Obama because you believe he'll take care of you. :)

Seems there may be an advantage to BH owned Flight Safety to get more Bombardier sims too. Follow the money!

I guess I was wrong on the Globals. NJA must have got an incredible deal from Bombardier while Gulfstream refused to budge. I thought that the Embraer order would have forced all the manufacturers to realize nothing is sacred at NJA any more. The sales and mx departments have their work cut out for them now. I hope it doesn't end up being like the Hawker 400 order- make the money on the sales and then eat it when the airplanes don't perform. I wonder how many loyal Gulfstream owners will walk or buy their own- probably from NJA trying to get rid of around 50 airframes there.

Latest resources

Back