• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets hiring percentage

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
... eating overpriced terminal crap for the rest of your life....

Ugh... kill me.... I'm still having flashbacks to the awful food in CLE.

8 HOUR REDUCED REST OVERNIGHT.. YES SIR.. 8 HOURS. 16 HOUR DUTY DAYS...

Yep. Dealt with those repeatedly. And they weren't just for delays -- my last airline had scheduled overnights as short as 8:10. Ridiculous.

Continuous Duty Overnights... Last flight out First Flight in...

And when you work for some sleazy operators, there's no hotel involved in such an "overnight." At least Mesa's nice enough to give the crews plywood planks to bridge the aisle of the airplane, for a better "nap." Ugh.

At my old job those three 10-hour overnights would have all been considered compensatory rest overnights. You haven't lived until you're on a four day reserve trip that turns into six, with the fifth night being an eight hour reduced rest. Call in fatigue? Sure, no sweat, just be prepared to explain to the chief pilot why you couldn't deal with a perfectly legal schedule, oh and by the way you won't be getting paid for those legs you had to drop. But go ahead, please go to the airlines, I could move up a number, you could fly a 737 heavy, and someone who would actually like to be here will get their chance. Sounds like a game plan to me!

Lets hope so. I for one would prefer to keep NetJets THE premier company to work for, thus keeping the rift-raft flying for the other guys.

Yes, I know I sound like a "higher than thou" pilot... but the truth hurts, and this industry, like all others has its share of excellent, educated, motivated, team playing professionals who are second to none (the ones I want at NetJets). And then it has the fat, lazy, complaining, terrible non-professionals as well (the ones I dont want at NetJets).

Just my .02
Wolfpack

One of the worst employees I've ever seen from my former employer flies for NJ. We fired him for gross misconduct and he was very unpopular with other crewmembers. I wouldn't ride in the back of an airplane with this person flying. NJ is a great company but arrogance is dangerous. With a few notable exceptions, pilots are pilots wherever you go so don't assume that you are better than everyone else.......you are not.

One of the worst employees I've ever seen from my former employer flies for NJ. We fired him for gross misconduct and he was very unpopular with other crewmembers.

How does someone like this get through the screening process? F**k up, Move up. I still don't get this industry sometimes.

Flew for 2 121 carriers, and yes 8 hours, cdo's suck, but how many 777 or 747 captains are doing CDO's or 8 hour turns?( I actually bidded CDO's so I could be home every day, but my airline gave us a hotel(7hour turn) and could not me do more than the 1 leg going out and the 1 leg coming in.)

You compare a SENIOR WIDEBODY CAPTAIN to a NJA SIC. Ask any of the retired legacy captains here which job they enjoyed more? The 3 I have meet would give up there NJA CA slot in a second do get back to the left seat of a widebody. And I never once said the path to the left seat of a widebody CA is all peaches and cream, all I said is once u get to a widebody Ca poistion he or she has more pay, Qol, days off, flexibility than any NJ SIC.

Ive flown for two 121 carriers and have done all of the bs that comes along with it, but when it comes down to it we are all just a number at every company(If you think other wise, you may have a surprise your way). With that being said, do you think RTS would cry a tear if we had to furlough? I could argue until I'm blue in the face but I guess we just have to agree to disagree. Its DAY 6, I GET TO GO HOME TOMORROW! SEE YA

Last edited:
At my old job those three 10-hour overnights would have all been considered compensatory rest overnights. You haven't lived until you're on a four day reserve trip that turns into six, with the fifth night being an eight hour reduced rest. Call in fatigue? Sure, no sweat, just be prepared to explain to the chief pilot why you couldn't deal with a perfectly legal schedule, oh and by the way you won't be getting paid for those legs you had to drop. But go ahead, please go to the airlines, I could move up a number, you could fly a 737 heavy, and someone who would actually like to be here will get their chance. Sounds like a game plan to me!

Looks like ur another rj pilot that thinks that this is the only gig in town. Which Legacy "737 " heavy carrier have you worked for? A lot of regional guys who have came over seem to think all the 121 jobs are the same.

And as far "Heavys" I could care less about the heavy part(except for a comfortable cockpit, and cessna doesnt even make a plane with a comfortable cockpit),all I care about is QOL, PAY, SCHEDULE, and TIME OFF. If I knew for sure NJ would give me more flexibility for dropping and trading, more pay, more time off down the road, with seniority I would stay in a heart beat.

After yr 10 what do you get?, almost nothing. After yr 10 with 4 weeks of vac, u avg 12.83 days a month of work through out the year. Why can't I or anybody want more time off or pay after 10 years? The raises don't even cover inflation. Not to say NJ hasn't come a long way, its still in my opinion underpaid, SIC's work at least 2x as hard as far as any 121 fo(QOL at work). QOL on the road suck for the busier fleets and If I had it my way 2nd yr FO pay would be 100k(150k for Ca's) and a better schedules would be available for senior FO's and Captains(for the same amount of pay as the 7n7).

You guys dont think i want to be be here. Your wrong, I do want to be here, and am grateful to have the job I have, I just want more. Im greedy and would love to see this job pay more , have more time off, and have more schd flexibility.

Last edited:
You compare a SENIOR WIDEBODY CAPTAIN to a NJA SIC. Ask any of the retired legacy captains here which job they enjoyed more? The 3 I have meet would give up there NJA CA slot in a second do get back to the left seat of a widebody. And I never once said the path to the left seat of a widebody CA is all peaches and cream, all I said is once u get to a widebody Ca poistion he or she has more pay, Qol, days off, flexibility than any NJ SIC.

(tabulating the results)

I guess the difference would be 20 years? Sound about right?

And then it has the fat, lazy, complaining, terrible non-professionals as well (the ones I dont want at NetJets).

What does a person's waistline have to do with their professionalism? Can't wait to hear your opinions on dem negroes, joooos, women or any other minority that doesn't fit into your Aryan mold.

Sorry to correct you, but these are the correct numbers:

Interviewing two groups of ten twice a week (20)
Hiring 50% of those interviewed (on avg)
75 NEW apps a week
Hiring 400 in "08

This info came directly from Derinda and the head of training last week.

Actually the President of Netjets told us in a recent recurrent class that they were hiring 451 pilots this year....FWIW

Some of you NJ guys are quite sensative. The second someone says something other than complete praise and escelation over the company you are all right on him. You seem to take it so personal, like the person is insulting your wife. It seems so childish.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back