Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Hawker 4000s - How Many Before End of 2008?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One of the problems of Hawker 4000 certification is that it took more than 5 years from the start of the certification to the end. My understanding is that you're only held to the standards in place at the beginning of the certification - if regs change during certification, you're "grandfathered" in. During that time, the FARS for fuel systems were tightened (I forget exactly how, but maybe it was that an inerting system is required, or greater control of ignition source). Since the 4000 took more than 5 years, Raytheon had to, in effect, "restart" certification. They had already done the legwork, and could present their data, but they were liable for the latest FARs. I think they were able to "make a deal", where they received their type cert, but they were given a deadline to comply with the stiffer fuel system regs. That's been at least of the delay on getting to market.

This is off of memory and a quick google of AIN, so I apologize in advance if my accuracy isn't perfect.

Here's some extra detail:

http://www.ainonline.com/news/singl...fication-process/?no_cache=1&cHash=7ad644df3d

They had better remove those single cue flight directors. If this is the same setup as the Sovereign you won't be allowed to use them. Or the preview function. Or the map on the PFD. Or the VNAV. Or the ADF with HF. Or a non-collocated DME.

But maybe Honeywell will have verison 4 out by the time these things are delivered in April. 2012.

Just had recurrent in ICT for the 800 and there was 2 Horizon test pilots in there. They said April wasn't going to happen and September was a "very optimistic estimate" for our first delivery....

They did have nothing but good things to say about the airplane though.

Just had recurrent in ICT for the 800 and there was 2 Horizon test pilots in there. They said April wasn't going to happen and September was a "very optimistic estimate" for our first delivery....

They did have nothing but good things to say about the airplane though.
Don't know a darn thing about this aircraft but it appears that is a Honeywell Epic avionics suite. If that's the case, then there lies the problem.

Latest resources

Back