Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Hawker 4000s - How Many Before End of 2008?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

On Your Six

Netjets Hawker 4000s - Questions

I read that you guys are expecting your first copy on the line in April:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6173012&nseq=0

It looks like a real nice bird up front too although it is surprising Pro Line 21 won't be used:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6166969&nseq=1

How many are you expecting before the end of 2008? How soon will newhires be assigned to the aircraft? Have current pilots been bidding the 4000 yet?

I imagine that it will sell pretty well and that it fits between a G200 and a Falcon 2000 in terms of performance and pax capability - right?

Last edited:
I read that you guys are expecting your first copy on the line in April...

Ha...haha.....hahahahahahaha... :laugh:

The thing's delivery date has been pushed back so many times, by the time it comes out, it'll be like buying a brand new Gremlin in 2008!

Looks like it'll be a nice plane, but nobody here is holding his breath for its arrival.

It looks like a real nice bird up front too although it is surprising Pro Line 21 won't be used...

That is kinda surprising to me, too. From those pictures, it looks like an updated version of the Honeywell Epic stuff like we have in the Sovereign:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untitled/Cessna-680-Citation/1171335/L/

How many are you expecting before the end of 2008?

My money is on Zero, but who knows? We were supposed to see deliveries last year, but none have yet materialized.

As for bidding, the plane has been on our standing bid form for a while now, but no actual aircraft bids have come out for it yet.

I imagine that it will sell pretty well and that it fits between a G200 and a Falcon 2000 in terms of performance and pax capability - right?

On paper, yes! As always, we'll have to see what the final product looks like. I'm hopeful! The specs on the sales page look pretty good, anyway.

I know the demonstrator (in the picture - N15QS) has been flying for awhile now. What's the hold up with Raytheon? Why has this thing been delayed so long? I know that it was expected to be on line years ago, but you'd think the manufacturing process would have been refined or expedited in the near term.

With such a large order (both NJA and Netjets Europe), you would expect Netjets would apply more pressure when frequent delays happen.

What's the hold up with Raytheon?

I wish I knew. To my knowledge, this is the first airplane they've actually built from scratch. All the others have been acquisitions. The King Airs, the 1900, the classic Hawkers, the BeechJet -- all of them were built by other companies that Raytheon acquired. (And in the case of the BeechJet, it was a Mitsubishi design first!)

My theory?

If the just-announced Citation 850 beats the 4000 to market and lives up to its promises, we'll just cancel our order for the 4000.

At the rate Raytheon's going, that's not out of the realm of possibility!

All the others have been acquisitions. The King Airs, the 1900, the classic Hawkers, the BeechJet -- all of them were built by other companies that Raytheon acquired. (And in the case of the BeechJet, it was a Mitsubishi design first!)

Close. The Hawkers were obviously British, the Diamond Japanese. The whole King Air family is a long and well-established lineage of aircraft but the Premier was the first clean-sheet-of-paper airplane (besides Starship, which is sort of a category of its own).

Close. The Hawkers were obviously British, the Diamond Japanese. The whole King Air family is a long and well-established lineage of aircraft...

But still an acquisition, when Raytheon bought Beechcraft.

Premier was the first clean-sheet-of-paper airplane (besides Starship, which is sort of a category of its own).

Ahh! I totally forgot about the Premier. Guess the 4000/Horizon is the second clean-sheet design. ;)

Talked with the Hawker-Beechcraft people in ATL the other day and according to the mechanics the delay is because everytime something gets changed they have to rewrite some code in the avionics. Supposedly everything runs through the avionics so the smallest change can have big effects. Don't know how true of an explanation that is, but seems plausible enough....do I hear an episode of mythbusters on this one??

Latest resources

Back