Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Gulfstreams & Globals - Coexisting?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
However, a DC-9 at 120K is a completely different animal. How many all glass pilots could handle an aircraft with no altitude capture and round dials? They would be lost.
I went from a CRJ to a 747-200 with no problems whatsover. I'm no genius, but the only thing thats gonna hang people up is their own lack of "failure is not an option" attitude.....Plain and simple!

I always liked a quote from Captain John Cooke (British Airways, ret.) regarding flying the Concorde. It went something like "If you can fly a J-3 Cub, you can fly this aeroplane. The opposite is not necessarily true."

I always liked a quote from Captain John Cooke (British Airways, ret.) regarding flying the Concorde. It went something like "If you can fly a J-3 Cub, you can fly this aeroplane. The opposite is not necessarily true."

True, I felt I could fly the crap out of a jet, but in this 9000lb turboprop I feel just about average... Some of our SIC's with 4-5000 less hours than myself can definitely fly this turboprop better. (they have been in the plane much longer than myself)...

Men and women under 30 years of age fly the B2, F22, and every other military jet with far more complexity and level of work load than any civilian pilot, and they do just fine. I'll bet those who have such high opinions of themselves and dictate the terms for others to fly international never strapped on an ejection seat.

They are all just airplanes, no big deal. Knowledge of a few special things internationally, especially China and Africa, is all that is different, which could be covered in 3 hours of school. Keeping the female flight attendants happy? Priceless.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back