Netjets dying?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

doylehargraves

We at Flexjet have been consistently told by management for the past 3 or 4 years that Netjets will "bleed to death". That the current business model will not "allow it to survive".

I am currently at flexjet and am trying to jump ship to work at netjets. Where do you guys see Netjets in the next 10 or 15 years? Do you think this would be a good move? I mean, all I see is record profits, aircraft orders, and constantly hiring. I realize no one is safe in this industry but, flexjet has absolutely no growth and continually hovers around 85 aircraft and yes makes "some" profit. I see netjets as a better future model. Any suggestions or comments??

Jump ship and go to Netjets. Everyone that has seems to be happier. Flexjet management is all smoke and mirrors. Flops was supposed to be out of business 6 years ago. CS was'nt going to grow that fast and Flexjet was in the best position. Even the weather people are on some of the time, but flex management doesnt seem to get it right ever. Oh did I leave out that NJ wouldnt be able to afford the new contract. Well not only did they but they are showing a profit while paying the pilots a descent wage. Not at flex, they gave a slap in the face and charged more for crappy insurance. Way to go DG and RH. Lets hear from Steve G. and the other flex koolaid drinkers.

We had a couple FlexJet and a couple of FlightOptions guys in our class last month at NetJets, if that's any indication of things.

I haven't been doing this long enough to compare the companies, but I certainly don't see NetJets dying any time soon. Based what I've seen so far, they have a solid business plan with plenty of growth potential left.

We at Flexjet have been consistently told by management for the past 3 or 4 years that Netjets will "bleed to death". That the current business model will not "allow it to survive".

I am currently at flexjet and am trying to jump ship to work at netjets. Where do you guys see Netjets in the next 10 or 15 years? Do you think this would be a good move? I mean, all I see is record profits, aircraft orders, and constantly hiring. I realize no one is safe in this industry but, flexjet has absolutely no growth and continually hovers around 85 aircraft and yes makes "some" profit. I see netjets as a better future model. Any suggestions or comments??

Projected to add 2-4 new jets per week indefinitely. The owners have faith in us. Warren Buffet purchases companies when the long term outlook shows strong potential. He appears to have faith in us. We are making money this year and NJE looks like they are self-sustaining now. We all know that anything can happen in our industry, but I think we will be here for many years to come. I think one of the keys is keeping our pilots happy which I hope we are headed in the right direction as far as that goes. Again, anything can happen but I'm comfortable with my job security for the time being.

I came on with NJA in 1997 with less than 300 pilots total. The company now has over 2500 pilots and close to 400 aircraft. We just placed airframe orders for DOZENS MORE.

Yep, we're bleeding, all right.

Where do you guys see Netjets in the next 10 or 15 years?

Let me put it this way:

When the world runs out of oil and the 'LAST' airplane lands somewhere...

Richard Santulli and Warren Buffet will swing the door open, get out, look around and say.............

"You think we can sell Stagecoach shares?"

:cool: NETJETS = DOMINATION

My new hire class that just went through had 3 FLOPS, 1 Flex, and 1 Avantair pilot in it. Talking to these guys, they've never been happier.

And my guess is that come the first of the year there might be a bunch of FLOP's guys wearing the "Yellow ties".

FLOP's loss will certainly be NJA gain......Those guys deserve the best they can get.

Sounds like you answered your own question. Go now beat the rush>>>

I have not heard from flex management that NetJets was bleeding to death?? I say go so I can move up on the senority list.

Latest resources

Back