Netjets Domicile WARNING!!!! 4 wanna be's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cavpilot said:
Would you be willing to give up, overtime, per diem, holiday pay, and union protection just so you could have home basing? Not me.

Overtime: Got it ($6,000 this quarter alone)

Per Diem: Dont need it, ALL expenses paid for

Holiday Pay: Get every other holiday off

Union Protection: Wouldnt take it if was free, been there done that

Fly from Home: Got it

OK Wolfpack, so I was wrong about the overtime. My point was to show that there are benefits at NJA that our cousins at NJI don't get to enjoy. Because of this, home basing is a huge equalizer. Don't get so defensive, dude.

AirBear8 said:
I wouldn't suggest pursuing a job at NetJets unless you're within driving distance or willing to move to within that distance at one of the 5 domiciles. There's no rule about how close you have to live. If you're willing to drive 12 hours each way 2 or 3 times a month then you could live 700+ miles away.

AirBear
I 've got a 450 mile commute, STL-CMH, 6.5 hours of drive. Still less than many do weekly..just hope I can survive all those trucks on I-70 indefinately. I think it's time to buy a diesel Jetta. Anyone out there have one of these?

d91papa said:
I 've got a 450 mile commute, STL-CMH, 6.5 hours of drive. Still less than many do weekly..just hope I can survive all those trucks on I-70 indefinately. I think it's time to buy a diesel Jetta. Anyone out there have one of these?

Friend bought one, he said gas mileage is as advertised (very, very high). Seems like a nice car. Actually I think he got the Rabbit, might be the same engine.

Cavpilot said:
My point was to show that there are benefits at NJA that our cousins at NJI don't get to enjoy. Because of this, home basing is a huge equalizer. Don't get so defensive, dude.

Just as there are benefits at NJI that you dont get to enjoy. It is what it is, and Im not defensive about it.

When Netjets pilots can get their heads out of the clouds long enough to see that we would all benefit more by getting along... maybe we would.

wolfpackpilot said:
When Netjets pilots can get their heads out of the clouds long enough to see that we would all benefit more by getting along... maybe we would.
NJI and NJA pilots are all NetJets Pilots separated by only one thing - Santulli's ego. That is the "cloud". I don't blame NJI pilots for taking advantage of that ego but I also don't blame NJA pilots for wanting FFH like NJI employees enjoy.

Wolf, just curious, is the overtime you made extended days, or is any of it hourly overtime? I only ask because today I was about to be awarded the GIV captain bid. After reading the work rules at NJI I decided I was better off staying where I am at NJA (a personal decision. Other pilots would certainly feel they were better off at NJI). But one of the main things that scared me away was the lack of overtime.
It looks to me like you can do extended days all you want, but that you aren't paid any hourly overtime for long days. Do I have that right? I only ask because I now make (at my current pay rate) over $7K/year just in hourly overtime. Also, the rules didn't mention holiday pay. Do you get an extended days pay for working holidays? Right now we get an extended days pay for each company-designated holiday, and while I typically only work half the holidays in any given year, that is another $2700 in my pocket.
Just wondering how it works over there. Maybe I should have accepted the bid?

I will say that we, like you, get crew meals when we're busy flying. I realize that you have your other meals paid for with a company card, but any per diem that I don't eat i get to take home. That typically amounts to another $4K or so in my pocket every year. Personally, I'd rather take home the extra cash than eat really fancy on the road with a company card.

Latest resources

Back