• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Domicile WARNING!!!! 4 wanna be's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Crusty....why don't you back off of NJW. She didn't vote for the NJA CBA....I did, along with 2200 other pilots.

She is just pointing out the follies a program that NJA Senior Management insisted on. The Union negotiators never liked the Domicile program.....This was the brainstorm of our crack management team....which, by the way, is no longer employed by NJA.

This ratical, cost cutting plan that was suppose to save millions of dollars is only going to prevent highly qualified individuals from coming to NJA for a career. Yet, pilots at these domiciles are still airlining out of their domiciles to other airports in order to pick up their planes.

Why don't you criticise them?

Why don't you mention the possitives that this new CBA brought to ALL NJA pilots?

This CBA may not be perfect, but its a hell of a lot better than any other set of work rules,written or unwritten, in the entire industry.

Heck...even you will benefit from our CBA.

Last edited:
Hey Crusty....why don't you back off of NJW. She didn't vote for the NJA CBA But she sure likes running her mouth about it!....I did, along with 2200 other pilots.

She is just pointing out the follies a program that NJA Senior Management insisted on. The Union negotiators never liked the Domicile program.....
Then why did they agree to it, and then send it to the pilots for ratification? If you didn’t like it, you should have stuck to your guns and voted it down, but you didn’t, because you money loving fools got a few hundreds waived in your face, and you said screw the new guys. This was the brainstorm of our crack management team....which, by the way, is no longer employed by NJA. Which, by the way you signed off on by accepting it and now are constantly complaining about it.

This radical, cost cutting plan that was suppose to save millions of dollars is only going to prevent highly qualified individuals from coming to NJA for a career.
Oh, so now you run the company and you need to decide who works at NetJets? Don’t you want us old crusty airline farts anymore? Yet, pilots at these domiciles are still airlining out of their domiciles to other airports in order to pick up their planes. So what, are you more qualified to run the daily operation? Quit flying and go work in the fish tank there “Big Man on Campus”

Why don't you criticize them?
I do when they deserve it.

Why don't you mention the positives that this new CBA brought to ALL NJA pilots?
Funny you mentioned that, all I ever hear is constant, nonstop crying and bitching from you whiners about everything from “why cant I pick my own salad dressing now on these stupid crew meals” to “why cant we fly the Gulfstreams”.

This CBA may not be perfect, but it’s a hell of a lot better than any other set of work rules, written or unwritten, in the entire industry.

Heck...even you will benefit from our CBA.
Doubt that.

PS. I corrected your 5 misspelled words for you there Chucky Cheese… It takes 10 seconds to do a spell check.

You know something Crusty....As I sit here in TEB reading your post we all kind of find it funny that you seem to know what we NJA guys are all thinking. I bet you've never even sat down and chatted with any of us.

Of course you'll say you have.

Even some of your own crew members can't believe some of the posts you've written. A good laugh for all.

For the most part, we are very happy with our CBA and with our Union representation. Its not perfect but nothing is.

This board is not representative of the pilots at NJA just as you are certainly not representative of the good pilots at NJI. For this fact I am truely grateful.

If you believe this venue speaks on behalf of our pilot force then you probably get your world news from the National Enquirer.

Last edited:
FWIW - the loss of HBA is the reason I'm not applying at NJA. Just can't do those bases for that pay.

Hopefully, NJA will realize this and change the policy before its too late.

Or they may hang on to it and use it as a bargaining tool in 4 years.

RustyFan said:
...a few hundreds waved in your face...

PS. I corrected your 5 misspelled words for you there Chucky Cheese… It takes 10 seconds to do a spell check.
ps: I corrected yours. Instead of relying on spell-check, you might want to learn how to spell. People who live in glass houses...

~~~^~~~ said:
FWIW - the loss of HBA is the reason I'm not applying at NJA. Just can't do those bases for that pay.

I was in CMH last week, NJA still has no problem getting pilots to come to class.

I think a lot of you are missing the point about how the Domicile system found its way into the CBA. Scheduling and Domiciles were the company's number one issues. If we as a pilot group wanted HBAs for all, it would have cost us our number one issue, pay. The company's dream was to have everyone on a domicile, that wasn't going to happen so we ended up with the compromise of grandfathered HBAs.
I for one don't believe that the company will ever offer home basing to entice qualified applicants. As it stands right now, they have a whole room full of resumes of guys that want to be here. If there is ever a lack of qualified applicants the company will merely open more domiciles.
BTW, I don't give a rip if NJI has home basing for all of its pilots. How many people do you think would go to work there if SAV was the only domicile? Would you be willing to give up, overtime, per diem, holiday pay, and union protection just so you could have home basing? Not me.

Last edited:
It's not the domicile thing

As a newhire, the domicile thing is not that big of a deal. If you are from 121 you are used to it. The big issue for me is trying to get something in the CBA allowing transfer to different domiciles. Even if there is a lock, like the aircraft lock. Say, after two years you can bid available slots in a different base. Just food for thought. When we came to NJA, we new the domicile thing was here to stay.

Waco

Latest resources

Back