Netjets Domicile WARNING!!!! 4 wanna be's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
realityman said:
Just wondering how it works over there. Maybe I should have accepted the bid?
Wow, maybe you should have asked these questions before turning down the award? Though I guess being that senior, the opportunity will arise again.

Majik said:
I also don't blame NJA pilots for wanting FFH like NJI employees enjoy.

Nor do I. This is basically a wash in my opinion. That being said, dont blame NJI pilots for wanting to protect their positions and futures either. I dont think this is a case of who is screwing who, just a bunch of pilots who want to protect themselves and their futures.

d91papa said:
I 've got a 450 mile commute, STL-CMH, 6.5 hours of drive. Still less than many do weekly..just hope I can survive all those trucks on I-70 indefinately. I think it's time to buy a diesel Jetta. Anyone out there have one of these?

A small world ... One of the X instructors at Flight Safety Columbus (initials EW) also lives in STL, also commutes every other week and he drives a diesel Jetta. Last time I talked to him, he was on his second - and he loves it.

ozpilot said:
A small world ... One of the X instructors at Flight Safety Columbus (initials EW) also lives in STL, also commutes every other week and he drives a diesel Jetta. Last time I talked to him, he was on his second - and he loves it.
I'll have to look this guy up...maybe we can carpool.

mauipilot said:
Are you allowed to commute to your domicile? Or do you have to live x minutes from the airport? THanks for the help.

You can live wherever, you just need to be at domicile at showtime/place etc.

mauipilot said:
Are you allowed to commute to your domicile? Or do you have to live x minutes from the airport? THanks for the help.

Live where you want to just be in domicile at your show time. Keep in mind you won't have non-rev benefits (unless from another source) and most airlines won't let you ride jumpseat. I wouldn't suggest living more than a day's drive from your domicile since driving may be your only option.

AirBear

realityman said:
Wolf, just curious, is the overtime you made extended days, or is any of it hourly overtime? I only ask because today I was about to be awarded the GIV captain bid. After reading the work rules at NJI I decided I was better off staying where I am at NJA (a personal decision. Other pilots would certainly feel they were better off at NJI). But one of the main things that scared me away was the lack of overtime.
It looks to me like you can do extended days all you want, but that you aren't paid any hourly overtime for long days. Do I have that right? I only ask because I now make (at my current pay rate) over $7K/year just in hourly overtime. Also, the rules didn't mention holiday pay. Do you get an extended days pay for working holidays? Right now we get an extended days pay for each company-designated holiday, and while I typically only work half the holidays in any given year, that is another $2700 in my pocket.
Just wondering how it works over there. Maybe I should have accepted the bid?

I will say that we, like you, get crew meals when we're busy flying. I realize that you have your other meals paid for with a company card, but any per diem that I don't eat i get to take home. That typically amounts to another $4K or so in my pocket every year. Personally, I'd rather take home the extra cash than eat really fancy on the road with a company card.

NJI: No holiday pay. No overtime for long days. No extra pay for early day 1 callout. No extra cash for hangnails. Majik keeps repeating the mantra that only RTS' ego keeps NJA and NJI separate. It's MONEY! Changing NJI's overtime policy to the CBA overtime policy would cost MILLIONS. On a recent day 1 airline, I would have made $900 in overtime under the CBA. overtime pay received: 0$ Multiply that times 300 pilots just a handful of times a
year and you're talking serious coin.

gutshotdraw said:
On a recent day 1 airline, I would have made $900 in overtime under the CBA. overtime pay received: 0$ Multiply that times 300 pilots just a handful of times a
year and you're talking serious coin.

I know this is a novel concept but some of us actually LIKE making money in exchange for providing our services... (tongue in cheek).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back