• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Domicile WARNING!!!! 4 wanna be's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"If there is ever a lack of qualified applicants the company will merely open more domiciles."

Bingo!! We have a winner!! The company has the right ot do that in our new CBA. Not much chance of the domicile thing going away before our next round of negotiations.

By the way, for everyone telling the new guys "Tough! Just suck it up and quit whining, you knew what you were getting into when you accpeted the job!", maybe should remember that at our current rate of hiring it won't be long before the post-ratification pilots outnumber the pre-ratification pilots. Those of us who may be looking for a decent increase in comensation may be outvoted by those who are willing to forego a decent raise in order to get out of the domicile thing. Maybe we should try a little more sympathy for these folks and try try pull together as a team before the next contract or we'll all be landing without gear.

Regarding newhires eventually receiving an HBA assignment.
Contract says 30% of seniority list. All on property prior to ratification are grandfathered in. Pilots who live with-in 90 miles of a "domicile", are considered domiciled based and are not counted towards 30% of seniority list for HBA purposes. Q; What % of list is considered domicled pilots? If it's 30%, and NJA has 3000 pilots, one would only have to be in the top 2000 to be eligible for HBA.
I believe a domiciled pilot (grandfathered) can switch to HBA if desired. Does this switch now get calculated towards 30% HBA?
It's all so confusing, if I'd only stayed in lawschool....!

Heres an off topic question, sort of... How do new hire guys commute to their domicile if NJ dosen't have any jumpseat agreements? Do people just pick up and move to the domicile, or is it possible to commute in the day before???

Floyd94 said:
Do people just pick up and move to the domicile, or is it possible to commute in the day before???

Yes and yes. A new-hire can certainly move to a domicile but it's certainly allowed to commute in the day before or on the actual first day of duty. The company provides blackberries (the so-called crackberry) and we are briefed over these the day or evening prior to our fist day of duty. At the time of the briefing, we are given our show time and also our show location, be it an FBO or the airline terminal for transportation. Some new-hires do opt to live a decent distance from their domicile and that is perfectly acceptable to the company as long as they are in place for duty according to the brief assigned to them.

And if you are curious, there are only 5 domiciles open to new-hires: CMH, LAX, PBI, TEB and DAL. However, the company only seems to be offering CMH and LAX at this time to recent new-hires. And if you ask the next logical question, there is currently no provision in the contract for a new-hire to move from one domicile to another. In some famous and oft-quoted words, the situation "is what it is".

RTRHD said:
Just give up on NJI Inc.,odds are it won't work anyway. Offer them HBA for everyone. Just a thought.

You just had to kick the beehive. This thread will get interesting again.

Thanks for the info, I just sent my application in today. Another question if you don't mind. How do people usually commute if there are no offline jumpseat agreements?

Floyd94 said:
Thanks for the info, I just sent my application in today. Another question if you don't mind. How do people usually commute if there are no offline jumpseat agreements?

You don't. If you do not have non-rev privilages via a family member or former job then you basically have to drive to your domicile, move there, or buy airline tickets. With the way fares are rising that's probably not going to be feasible.

I wouldn't suggest pursuing a job at NetJets unless you're within driving distance or willing to move to within that distance at one of the 5 domiciles. There's no rule about how close you have to live. If you're willing to drive 12 hours each way 2 or 3 times a month then you could live 700+ miles away.

AirBear

Latest resources

Back