Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Grizz said:
Cj -

I personally don't like the fact that they have to report to 1 of 5 domiciles to start work. I think it's short sighted and potentially a safety concern for NetJets overall. I'm just not sure how much the existing pilot force was willing to trade to make that go away.

I don't know, but I think that the 5 domiciles will go away. You have to position those a/c to too many places and have to airline the crews anyway. They'll figure out that it will work better for them to have the home basing and that it is an attractive recruitment tool to obtain experienced pilots.

Not that I'm aware of and it is fair to say that my husband is part of the inner circle. That is my reason for using the word "arbitrary". Not only was no explanation given to the pilotforce, but to my knowledge, there was no data collection, trial period,etc., testing the system before it was put in place. A computer whiz running numbers hardly counts as a real world test. That's also why I call it an experiment, and view it as extremely unfair to make such high demands of pilots and their families for a system whose value is questionable. Considering what NJA is asking of its newhires--living in expensive cities (or commuting to them) on low wages--it is only right that they justify the restrictions they are placing upon the pilots.

I know full well that some will say it is their right and that the pilots don't have to take the job. My response is that smart managers know they get more from a workforce that is treated respectfully. When pilots keep turning down a job based on one reason alone, that should be an indication that there is a problem with that particular job requirement. I personally think the system could very well be doomed to failure, or not ever meet the expectations they had for it, and I think it's wrong to make the employees bear the brunt of their short-sighted thinking. If the domicile system is so much better than HBAs then why isn't it used at NJI where there isn't a contract that would prevent it from being used?

netjetwife said:
If the domicile system is so much better than HBAs then why isn't it used at NJI where there isn't a contract that would prevent it from being used?

Good point!

Pop, my husband is advising newhires that it could be 8 yrs before they can get into the HBA system. I see that as a lot of sacrifice for a benefit that has yet to be proven. I don't think it's wise or fair for a company to treat its workers in such a fundamentally different way.

Just Curious,

What is HBA??

netjetwife said:
The very nature of frac flying--planes left all over the place--makes me question the justification for the restrictive hiring and assigning of domiciles.

I think part of the backlash against NJ's domicile policy is that pilots see it as being arbitrary and unfair. That legitimate complaint may begin to show up in poor morale and a high turn over rate. NJW

Your so full of crap Lady its coming out both your ears. Guess what... quit your bitching because your husband voted for exactly whats in place now. I cant believe this contract isn't even a year old and your already crying again. If the pilots dont like what the deal is, tuff! They voted for it, period.

You make me sick! Your constantly on here crying the blues, yet when the company goes out of the way to get your husband home in 12 hours because your bohoo-ing about some "family" problem... you seem to forget about that.

Unions = Cry Babies!

netjetwife said:
Not that I'm aware of and it is fair to say that my husband is part of the inner circle.

Translation:

Attention all NJA pilots,

"ALL PILOTS ARE EQUAL, SOME PILOTS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS."

Once again you've proven what I've known for 30 years, unions do what they "think" is best for those who dont know what is best for themselves.

Netjets is not shortsighted. They know very well that the new domicile system has no real savings. Jets still end up in the variety of locations throughout the world. They also know very well that it is a major issue to both pre and post CBA pilots. They have positioned themselves for future bargaining. What can they get in return for giving us all the gateway system or worse yet, what concessions can they get before the next CBA? Or are they simply applying more basic union busting tactics to drive a wedge between the pilot group?

Whatever the case, it is what it is. We voted for it, and although it is a pain for new hires, it is but a small sacrifice when compared to the vast improvements in the overall document.

Last edited:
DC3PLT1 said:
Just Curious,

What is HBA??

Home Based Airport. For NJA pilots hired prior to the new contract taking effect on 11-21-05. There has to be a certain level of year-round airline service to specfied hubs for NJA ops for an airport to qualify as a HBA. There's probably a few hundred airports that meet the critieria thou.

AirBear

popgoesbubble said:
Archie
And I and everyone else that came before the contract could afford to work for $27 Grand?

Well, evidently.......yes, I guess you could, or you wouldn't have accepted the job. Why else would you accept a job that payed a wage that couldn't support your lifestyle?

popgoesbubble said:
What ever dude I had to make a tough choice and take a $50K pay cut because I knew my airline would be tits up. Sorry didn't work for Cumair either. Lets talk about Cumair pilots sticking it to the ASA guys dring there contract negotiations. You guys swallowed to get more jets and then screwed your fellow Alpa brothers. My airline ACA screwed all FO's by not having a good pay scale for the Fo's those senior guys that on the page of shame didnt give a crap there response was eventually you'll all be captain here.

OK DUDE, but what the h e l l are you talking about? I never flew for Comair, or any other regional. What is your point? Are you mad because you took a paycut to come here? Are you angry because a few new guys have the nerve to complain about the domicile system? Jesus, lighten up.

popgoesbubble said:
And now those same guys are here and bitching about not having HBA? Well my response is tough it out eventually you will have it!

What guys are you talking about? So what if some guys are complaining about the domicile system. Try acting like a team player, and tell them that we're going to try and get HBA on the next contract, and leave it at that. You must be a real pleasure to fly with for 7 days.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back