• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Domicile WARNING!!!! 4 wanna be's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think you're right, DO. Isn't that why RS showed up with broom in hand? It might not be quite the image some of the pilots had when they were hoping he'd show up and rescue them from Boisture's "brainstorms", but a clean sweep often does wonders.

Never should have ratified a contract that didn't include home basing for everyone... End of story. New guys got screwed. Same old story, different union.

h25b said:
Never should have ratified a contract that didn't include home basing for everyone... End of story. New guys got screwed. Same old story, different union.

They did not get screwed they just screwed themselves. If they dont like the contract dont work for netjets.

DO-82 driver:

I have a feeling his legency at NetJets will not be fondly recorded.

Especially in Woodbridge! The arrogance with which he treated this pilot group gave us a resolve that I'm not sure we would have had otherwise.

There is some tribal knowledge that has been floating around since I've been here and I'm sure longer that said RTS made the statement after a contract "Yous guys could have held out for SOOOOO much more".

How ironic is it that now we can say, If RTS would have settled this four years ago we would have taken SOOOOO much less! Instead he brought in Moisture and the rest is history.

I'm sure Moistures mug is in the urinals in Woodbridge.

Archie Bunker said:
Bubble,

I'm not sure if you realize it or not, but your post smacks of "I got mine, the rope is coming up." You sound like a bitter guy.

Archie

Ah, Lesson #1 from the book of ALPA.

Seriously though, if a pilot can't stand the NJA domicile system, don't apply to NetJets. If one can't stand the fact that a new hire at Delta has to be based in CVG, ATL, or SLC, don't blame the pilots on the roster for allowing the company to do so. Apply to Continental. Not having health insurance for your first 6 months of employment is what that jerk pilot group voted in for the newhires. Others may want to consider Southwest where one has to pony up $9K for a chance to interview. I am amazed that the current pilots at WN allow this abuse of people who might get hired.

Every place of employment has things that will work with some and things that won't.

Isn't there a provision in the airlines to allow a pilot to change hubs when their seniority enables them to bid into the one of their choice? NJ isn't paying moving expenses so what difference does it make to them if a pilot from the ranks takes the domicile being offered and the newhire is assigned to the one the other pilot left? Why deny the pilots the few choices that are available? I see that as an example of the disrespectful attitude that others have posted about.

The very nature of frac flying--planes left all over the place--makes me question the justification for the restrictive hiring and assigning of domiciles. Hub cities do work for the airlines, so the pilots can accept the system. I think part of the backlash against NJ's domicile policy is that pilots see it as being arbitrary and unfair. At least the airline pilots do fly in and out of the hub city they are required to show at. Frac pilots airlining out of a domicile to go pick up a plane in another location will have a hard time seeing the rationale behind such a system, especially when their counterparts are flying from airports near their homes. That legitimate complaint may begin to show up in poor morale and a high turn over rate. While I acknowledge that it's too soon to tell, I see the domicile policy at NJA as being penny wise and pound foolish.
NJW

The very nature of frac flying--planes left all over the place--makes me question the justification for the restrictive hiring and assigning of domiciles. Hub cities do work for the airlines, so the pilots can accept the system. I think part of the backlash against NJ's domicile policy is that pilots see it as being arbitrary and unfair. At least the airline pilots do fly in and out of the hub city they are required to show at. Frac pilots airlining out of a domicile to go pick up a plane in another location will have a hard time seeing the rationale behind such a system, especially when their counterparts are flying from airports near their homes. That legitimate complaint may begin to show up in poor morale and a high turn over rate. While I acknowledge that it's too soon to tell, I see the domicile policy at NJA as being penny wise and pound foolish.
NJW[/quote]
Has there ever been some company statement explaining the rationale for the 5 domicile policy?

Archie
And I and everyone else that came before the contract could afford to work for $27 Grand? What ever dude I had to make a tough choice and take a $50K pay cut because I knew my airline would be tits up. Sorry didn't work for Cumair either. Lets talk about Cumair pilots sticking it to the ASA guys dring there contract negotiations. You guys swallowed to get more jets and then screwed your fellow Alpa brothers. My airline ACA screwed all FO's by not having a good pay scale for the Fo's those senior guys that on the page of shame didnt give a crap there response was eventually you'll all be captain here.

And now those same guys are here and bitching about not having HBA? Well my response is tough it out eventually you will have it!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back