Netjets - Citation X or Falcon ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flyfish said:
We've had about a dozen FO's bid out to CA on other airframes in the last month, plus more to come. I guarantee we'll be hiring Falcon crews very soon. Don't know about the X.

Agreed! Virtually all F/O's who had been on bypass pay will now be bidding PIC positions as able. All fleets except the BBJ will be needing positons refilled with newhires. Guaranteed.

puckfa18,
It looks like anything can happen, as the Falcon was offered to me, although not sure if I'm taking it. The whole HBA has got me a little unsure.

Get Falcon out of your mind.

I think that is a false statement due to the fact that 3 of the 10 people that interviewed last week were offered it. We were told that the Ultra is staffed fully.

Sorry, Guys.....

Just informing you all what the training dept and HR told us. I was begging for the Falcon and they told me they are only hiring into the Ultra for awhile.

Again, only my two cents

The one constant at NetJets is that things change constantly. If a recruiter/flight manager/scheduler/manager tells you something, be wary. It could change 5 minutes later. It's not their fault most times, they are just as much on the end of the bullwhip as we are.

I would think that if you are a newhire and you are going to be sitting in your aircraft for many years (3-5 years), you might as well be comfortable - and the F2000 would be a lot more comfortable than alternatives like the Ultra or Beechjet (especially with the FA on the 2000). That's great news for upcoming newhires.

Everyone talks about how hard the X crews work. With its range and versatility, I would imagine the F2000 works pretty hard too (domestically as well as occasional international flights). Is that the case?

The 2000 does similiar trips as the X..and works almost as hard. Having a FA makes life much more tolerable as they relieve the pilots from a ton of work. Both frequently go to Hawaii and the occasionally Europe. But the 2000EX will start picking up most or all the Europe stuff.

The thing that sux about the X is that it can do virtually anything the other fleets can. When an Owner cannot be accomodated with their aircraft, they will be flown on another aircraft of equal or greater size. There are 71 Xs on property. They are sexy too. They are a popular sub. I think there are around 40 or so 2000s. Not enough in number to have several laying around.

The other thing that sux about the X is 750 lbs of baggae in the tail.... the Falcon sux even more... MORE baggage capability.

You are the bag loader. Start working out.

32 F2000's
2 F2000EASy's
More EASy's are coming but deliveries will be slow until Honeywell gets Cert 3 ready to go.
These numbers do not include NJE or NJME

SG

Latest resources

Back