Netjets - Citation X or Falcon ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
gunfyter said:
Hey you forgot it only takes 4 hrs in the X ... so then they have time to add another leg on to your day.

You obviously are unfamiliar with the dispatch reliability of the X.

gunfyter said:
Doesn't matter. When it breaks they just get me another one.

Ain't that the truth. Same goes for more legs. That's the problem with a large fleet with poor reliability. There is always another one just coming out of service.

gunfyter said:
Hey you forgot it only takes 4 hrs in the X ... so then they have time to add another leg on to your day.

Hmmm. Lets say we both have a 12 hour day. Mine is likely two legs and yours four. In our Falcon, we'll enjoy a Flight Attendant keeping us well fed with meals fresh from the oven. When were not carving into our Filets or poached salmon, we'll enjoy warm cookies, made moments ago, from the oven with our freshly brewed coffee. Wow, what is that wonderful smell? What could she be cooking now? Time to get up and stretch our six foot frames in the stand up cabin and hang out in the galley for a bit. It's also nice to be able to stand up in our lav and not have to sit like a little girl. In the front of a Falcon we actually really have elbow room which allows us to move freely and keep the blood flowing. Somthing Cez'nuh didn't think important in the design of their planes. Perhaps you enjoy your 12 hour day with 4 legs while eating a cold sandwich and working the sandwich into your mouth between your knees as they are likely buried to your chin. Two sore elbows cuz you've been banging them against the cockpit wall or your F/O's elbows. Ohhh, that just sounds divine. Worthy suffering all so you can tell somone you've been doing m .92 in a straw as opposed to flying in exquisite comfort and being waited upon at m .867. Perhaps that same trip that takes me just a smidgen longer might be worth it as it is no doubt more comfortable than being crammed into the nose cone of a fast Ultra. Enjoy!;)

Last edited:
I have a feeling that there will be a few Falcon FO positions avaialbe. We just had a bunch of them bid out into Captain slots in the XL. The cush job is over boys!!!! HA!

hydrarkt said:
I have a feeling that there will be a few Falcon FO positions avaialbe. We just had a bunch of them bid out into Captain slots in the XL. The cush job is over boys!!!! HA!

Looking at the latest bid awards there should be quite a number of positions available in the Falcon 2000. Pilots not much junior to myself have been F/O's for years, on captains pay...if you can call it that, who have seen the light of the new TA and are assuming the rightful position of PIC.

A huge vacuum is left in the Falcon. The way the new contract is layed out, anyone who isn't lucky enough to get right seat in the Falcon doesn't know what the best position in this company is. It's unfortunate, because I would have loved to had the opportunity to sit in the best seat this company has to offer. You may think a tripple 7 FO has it good. The work may be hard but if you got's to do it, sitting in a reclining chair that backs to the F/A has got to be one of the least undesirable jobs in this company. Just my 2 pennies at'chya.

Last edited:
Insert "Gulfstream" where you see "Falcon"

BrnJetFuel said:
Hmmm. Lets say we both have a 12 hour day. Mine is likely two legs and yours four. In our Falcon, we'll enjoy a Flight Attendant keeping us well fed with meals fresh from the oven. When were not carving into our Filets or poached salmon, we'll enjoy warm cookies, made moments ago, from the oven with our freshly brewed coffee. Wow, what is that wonderful smell? What could she be cooking now? Time to get up and stretch our six foot frames in the stand up cabin and hang out in the galley for a bit. It's also nice to be able to stand up in our lav and not have to sit like a little girl. In the front of a Falcon we actually really have elbow room which allows us to move freely and keep the blood flowing. Somthing Cez'nuh didn't think important in the design of their planes. Perhaps you enjoy your 12 hour day with 4 legs while eating a cold sandwich and working the sandwich into your mouth between your knees as they are likely buried to your chin. Two sore elbows cuz you've been banging them against the cockpit wall or your F/O's elbows. Ohhh, that just sounds divine. Worthy suffering all so you can tell somone you've been doing m .92 in a straw as opposed to flying in exquisite comfort and being waited upon at m .867. Perhaps that same trip that takes me just a smidgen longer might be worth it as it is no doubt more comfortable than being crammed into the nose cone of a fast Ultra. Enjoy!;)

Oh, I love it! I love it. Since we're all going to be one big happy family here, I must say my fellow colleague has it nailed. If I could just get past being so mad at the french, I'd say a few words about how nice the Falcons are.

And now, you "X Driving box lunch junkies", (I'm coining this quote as a wolfpackpilot original) what have you to say?????

Alright, enough on Sundays, I'm off to church.

WHERE THE REST OF YOU JET DRIVEN NUT BAGS SHOULD BE!

Latest resources

Back