Netjets Cessna 310

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Diesel said:
HAAAAAA a 310 making a single engine climb? Where did you get those numbers. It's not required to meet any climb gradiant.

The Cessna 310 weighs less than 6,000 pounds, but stalls at 63.9 knots, so it too mustmeet the enroute single-engine climb standards. Plugging 63.9 knots into the 0.027Vso(squared) equation produces a requirement of 110.2 fpm. The 310's actual single engine climb under Part 23 conditions is 119 fpm.

There's another point to consider here. The FAA does not require continued single-engine takeoff capability for any light aircraft other than those designed for air-taxi work and capable of hauling 10 or more passengers. Stated another way, there is no reason to assume that an aircraft will exhibit positive single-engine performance in the takeoff configuration at sea level just because it had to meet a single-engine climb-performance requirement at 5,000 clean.

It's a good plane when you're in that stage of your life or you're the owner.

Not to haul crews around like it's a taxicab.

Hmmm...

http://www.mooney.de/workshop/sicherheit/allwaysLeaveAnOut.html

"The Cessna 310 weighs less than 6,000 pounds, but stalls at 63.9 knots, so it too must meet the enroute single-engine climb standards. Plugging 63.9 knots into the 0.027 Vso(squared) equation produces a requirement of 110.2 fpm. The 310's actual single-engine climb under Part 23 conditions is 119 fpm."

So now we are saying it will climb at v1? Not really using any data to back it up?

never thought i'd hear a pilot think that driving was safer than flying.

yet another sign of the apocalypse...

I got my multi rating in an old tuna tanked 310. In my hands I have no problem flying 310's, in fact I still enjoy piston a/c. I fly a round engine built in 1942.
But having someone tell me to ride in the back doesn't cut it with me.

I hear we just placed an order for 25 310's. Ab-initio fleet will run mechs and parts from RCAs at night. After pilots build 1500 hrs will get ATP checkride and then fly the 25 Eclipse aircraft will use to reposition crews to/from RCAs.

Last edited:
I love the fact that instead of using actual numbers we are using. Ahhh well i've done it and it works.

Oh wait it's a Part 23 airplane the actual numbers aren't going to show a climb.

The 310R has a SE service ceiling of 9,900 feet, and a sea level SE climb of a little under 400fpm at gross weight. The climb rate is very close to what I have seen in the 310R during training. Not sure what model 310 you guys have though.

Well if you want some numbers I can get my logbook and tell you the date that I did a blue line demo and got the thing to climb, and quite easlily actually. Or, as a NJA employee you can rent N310QS, give me a call, and I'll take you up and show you a single engine climb.

Diesel said:
I love the fact that instead of using actual numbers we are using. Ahhh well i've done it and it works.

Oh wait it's a Part 23 airplane the actual numbers aren't going to show a climb.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back