Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets' Captains need to get over themselves!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread got me thinking. I've been offering the option to every FO since the thread started as long as they're qualified per my companies procedures.

Then I fly with a guy who says he's qualified, but still wanted the first (empty) leg. Very abrupt on the taxi inputs, unable to configure for landing (too fast for flaps and ended up landing at partial flaps despite briefing full flaps (I let it go as the runway was very long)).

Anyway, I'm going back to testing out new FO's before I turn them loose on the pax. Flame away ya'll, but I have a responsibility. I'm sure your Gold Seal means something to ya, but I don't want to find out you're rough on the controls at the same time the pax do.

Last edited:
Geez Porter, I hope that I'm lucky enough to fly with you!! I mean, my dumbass friend who has 7000 hours, is a Maintenance Test Pilot for the Army, an 8 year Captain at ASA, has an MBA and is a great, personable guy, applied here twice and got turned down. So YOU must be WAAAAY superior to him. He was psyched when I showed him the airplanes on the ramp at PDK and is depressed over his hiring rejection. I'll let him know that you are upset about the amount of legs that you are flying and will be swapping jobs with him.
I was a cocky f&^K like you when I was hired here. I quickly realized that I didn't know it all and that I had a lot to learn. Apparently you haven't.
As a 9 year Captain and IOE Instructor, I can tell you that you are not that good. I don't care where you came from or what you flew. You still have a LOT to learn.
And if you knew anything, you would know that crosswind landing techniques vary in different airplanes. Do you think that landing a X and an XL or G200 in a crosswind is the same??? If so, as I said above, you have a lot to learn.
Grow up, shut up and relax. Learn from those around you and do your job.

Oh, and as far as reporting this to Pro Standards... bad idea. What are they going to say???? It's still the Captain's decision about who flies and Pro Standards can't do anything about it. Good luck... you'll need it.

Hey guys knock this $h!t off! I know that one day that our domiciled guys will out number the HBA guys. I have been told that a group of the Non-HBA guys will one day organize and sell our assess out. And they can, why because the will out number us 2 to 1. If someone has his 75 hours, let him fly. Just because you were treated like a red headed stepchild doesn't mean you need to ******************** on everyone else. Can't we all just get along.

Geez Porter, I hope that I'm lucky enough to fly with you!! I mean, my dumbass friend who has 7000 hours, is a Maintenance Test Pilot for the Army, an 8 year Captain at ASA, has an MBA and is a great, personable guy, applied here twice and got turned down. So YOU must be WAAAAY superior to him. He was psyched when I showed him the airplanes on the ramp at PDK and is depressed over his hiring rejection. I'll let him know that you are upset about the amount of legs that you are flying and will be swapping jobs with him.
I was a cocky f&^K like you when I was hired here. I quickly realized that I didn't know it all and that I had a lot to learn. Apparently you haven't.
As a 9 year Captain and IOE Instructor, I can tell you that you are not that good. I don't care where you came from or what you flew. You still have a LOT to learn.
And if you knew anything, you would know that crosswind landing techniques vary in different airplanes. Do you think that landing a X and an XL or G200 in a crosswind is the same??? If so, as I said above, you have a lot to learn.
Grow up, shut up and relax. Learn from those around you and do your job.

Oh, and as far as reporting this to Pro Standards... bad idea. What are they going to say???? It's still the Captain's decision about who flies and Pro Standards can't do anything about it. Good luck... you'll need it.

People must be thrilled to have you as an IOE instructor. You seem like a cocky f@ck now, and admittedly, when you first started. My favorite, "As a 9 year Captain and IOE Instructor, I can tell you that you are not that good. I don't care where you came from or what you flew. You still have a LOT to learn".
Are you serious?????????

As for your buddy being rejected twice, well, that's his problem and not the posters. :beer:

right now porter is laughin his azz off at all you retarded idiots.....

go look at what this thread has become....

Im sure he thinks "mission accomplished"

right now porter is laughin his azz off at all you retarded idiots.....

go look at what this thread has become....

Im sure he thinks "mission accomplished"

Did he hang a banner from the island of an aircraft carrier?

:rolleyes:

People must be thrilled to have you as an IOE instructor. You seem like a cocky f@ck now, and admittedly, when you first started. My favorite, "As a 9 year Captain and IOE Instructor, I can tell you that you are not that good. I don't care where you came from or what you flew. You still have a LOT to learn".
Are you serious?????????

As for your buddy being rejected twice, well, that's his problem and not the posters. :beer:

Nope.. I still learn something almost every day on the road.
Yes, I am serious. This job is different than others. We fly into all kinds of airports that the airlines don't touch. We fly into airports that are totally unfamiliar to us, in all conditions. I'm not saying that we're better than others, just different. And it takes a while to let it all soak in. Flying the plane is only a small part of it.

Being the person went about the whole "scenario" a$$ backwards in blatant ignorance.

(Not knowing anything about the union system in place (Pilot Pro-Standards)

It is no surprise that they would hide as deep as they could and make ignorant statements.

The person comes across as being young, 5000 hours and knows everything.

What about the other poster with 2500 hours crying about being hired and hadn't heard anything?

Boy that sucks! What could be worse then that?

Well I guess that individual knows now, since we have stopped hiring and Options is Furloughing, Dayjets closed etc..etc..

(I wonder how much "Combat" time they have? Maybe they don't know everything?)

What a long dissatisfying, miserable life they have ahead of them! On top at 30!!!!!

Sure hope I don't have to fly with them.

Can't believe I even posted on this thread again.

It must be the "meds"?

Good luck to those deserving pilots falling on hard times this holiday. Keep the faith, this will pass.

Could not agree more. Some people need to just stop pissing and moaning and go to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back