Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets April Interviewees -- Hired calls or letters yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It has happened, where a pilot didn't fit in the plane assigned. I don't know why they make people sign that release. It must be so if a candidate fails training he or she can't come back and sue claiming cockpit size or discrimination.

One guy I met was assigned the U-boat but didn't fit (6' 5"), so they put him in a bigger cockpit. I'm 6' 1" and it was pretty tight when I tried it. I also tried the X and imagined sitting there for 6 hours doing a trans con. My legs started to ache after 15 minutes (it is very narrow, no knee room).

Plus they really want you to be happy right from the start. Learn about the planes and the kind of flying they do. For instance: if you like longer legs and don't mind a tight cockpit then the X would be a good plane for you. If you don't like to fly as much and don't mind a tight fit, then the 400 would be a good choice.

Last edited:
Just got the call yesterday for a July 7th class date 3 weeks to the day from my interview. I think it has already been mentioned, however, they now assign aircaft during indoc. Good luck to all that are try to get on with Netjets, I was completely sold after the interview. I have flown for multiple airlines and multiple 135 operators, I can honestly say that I believe that this is the place to be for good.

Thanks, sent in the app. April 4, the pria forms came 1 week later, now just waiting for app. accepted email.

Anybody get the pria forms?

Another possibility for why NetJets isn't offering a plane with the job offer itself is that they are spacing out the time between job offer and the start of class. In the past, it wasn't uncommon to have a only a few weeks between the offer and the start of indoc (or type training).

When I interviewed in 2004, my group was told that the company had Falcons, X's, and "one" Ultra for our group. Yet when the calls went out the following day, at least two or three of us got Ultras. So the availability of training slots is pretty dynamic and with the long lead-times on classes in the current job offers, I can see the company waiting until indoc to offer/assign fleets. And under IBB, the planes for new-hires don't pay any differently.

Good luck to all of you waiting for either the interview or the job offer.

I interviewed the third week of April. As of yet none of us has gotten the letter or a call.

As far as the aircraft assignments, I believe they are still trying to see where all of the bids are going to leave them fleet wise. There are a lot of people jumping to other fleets for quality of life and type rating issues.

Derinda told us that most of us would be in a July class if hired.

I don't know why the company would be telling guys they can get a G-200 spot as a new hire. That never made sense to me. I am around 2500 on the list, and as of a few days ago on crewops, I saw 20 people senior to me had a G-200 FO bid in. Basically, per the contract, any vacancies must be offered to the existing pilot group before being released to new hires...if they know there is indefinite demand for G-200 FO spots by existing pilots, why would they advertise it to new hires?!

Yes I was turned down yada yada. This is not intended to flame one bit. It seems all the guys getting hired have acft in their profiles that are consistent with having flown at a regional. Meanwhile, it seems like alot of fractional pilots (myself included) are getting turned down. I'm talking several years of experience as well. I'm happy for the guys getting selected, I just wonder if they are looking for fresh faces, or guys that are a little more excited to see "the command center" and stuff like that. Again......very happy that you guys get on!!!

What has been the stats for some of the other interview groups?

6 out of 10,back in late January, a mix of backgrounds, 121 supplemental,135 charter,regional, CS,flops. Godspeed brother, I wish you well.

Latest resources

Back