Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets April Interviewees -- Hired calls or letters yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I interviewed in early May, got the unofficial "making you an offer" email but still no call. Then today I saw on aviatoninterviews.com two posts from folks who interviewed in late May and have start dates for July and August. I don't understand what's going on!

Don't get all worked up now. The first of the two posts says "he will be starting SOMETIME in August, he had gotten the CONDITIONAL GOOD email." The other one also said nothing about any calls from NJ, but only emails of "acceptance" and "no thanks" from his interview group.
I guess some people are more optimistic about a conditional "yes or good" than others. I have been fourloughed twice during training, I will count my coins when I am actually sitting in class.

I interviewed in early May, got the unofficial "making you an offer" email but still no call. Then today I saw on aviatoninterviews.com two posts from folks who interviewed in late May and have start dates for July and August. I don't understand what's going on!

For those without a subscription, here"s the important parts:

Date of interview: May 29, 2008
Date interview was submitted: June 16, 2008
Were you hired as a result of this interview? yes
What is your age? 33
What aircraft were you assigned? Don't know yet
If you were hired what is your training date? August 01, 2008

Date of interview: May 22, 2008
Date interview was submitted: June 06, 2008
Were you hired as a result of this interview? yes
What is your age? 47
What aircraft were you assigned? unknown
If you were hired what is your training date? July 31, 2008

The first one was mine, and as indicated, I said I got a conditional offer. I'm an optimist, and I'm just going off what Derinda told me. Don't worry my man:pimp: ...no one is getting class dates before you.

I guess the fact that you included a class date of August 1st sparked my curiosity. It's hard to stay focused, the wait is driving my crazy!

I agree with you, twiddle. The wait is driving me nuts (everything changed so drastically after April 22???). I really want to move my high schoolers before school starts in August, but I need the "official" class start date before we do anything permanent. I just wish they were communicating with us more. Can't wait to be part of NJ!

The first one was mine, and as indicated, I said I got a conditional offer. I'm an optimist, and I'm just going off what Derinda told me. Don't worry my man:pimp: ...no one is getting class dates before you.

Avro, maybe you should start another one of those threads about the I-Phone ;)

It APPEARS that maybe the hiring is out pacing the training department at this time. 32 in INDOC!?!

I would definitely say that hiring is out pacing training. We had 23 in our class in early April. The longest wait I have heard of for a "no" letter is 2 to 3 weeks. If you are past that and haven't heard anything I would think you are in the "unofficial" pool. Like others have said, no news is good news.

Who is going to be the first one to bite the bullet and email Derinda again to find out when the phone calls are going to start going out? It's been two weeks now since I got the email saying to expect a call and I am starting to think it is time to check back in. Opinions?

I received the app accepted email so long ago I forgot when it was. I recently updated after I completed another type rating, but I dont expect to hear anything for quite some time. Any movement at all would be encouraging.

Who is going to be the first one to bite the bullet and email Derinda again to find out when the phone calls are going to start going out? It's been two weeks now since I got the email saying to expect a call and I am starting to think it is time to check back in. Opinions?

Call. You are not going to lose the job because you're "bothering" her. You're asking a very valid question.

She is very nice and you will probably have a response within minutes.

I received the app accepted email so long ago I forgot when it was. I recently updated after I completed another type rating, but I dont expect to hear anything for quite some time. Any movement at all would be encouraging.

I have had mine in since last November. Still nothing with 1 letter.

Latest resources

Back