• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Application/Interview ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The high growth rate during the first 5 to ten years is always going to be unsustainable. That meant that upgrades were going to slow too.

Still this company has had its growth through some of the worst times aviation had had. If these air force children had spent the time working their way through the civilian system, they would have more appreciation for the industry and this company. If it had not been for the creativity and leadership this company had, these people would be out struggling along.

When the big airline jobs came to a halt and went the other way, the whole system of people moving up came to a halt and everyone got frustrated. Airnet people did not move on to regionals, regionals did not move on to airlines, etc.

Does the company owe you when the economy or program slows, no, just ask any of the people who are losing their pensions in this mess. Obviously the Air Force did not appreciate the brilliance of Netwifes husband and so now they are blessing Netjets with it although they have not proved they can accomplish anything that is positive for the company.

The Air Force appreciated it just fine. Its called retirement.

"the creativity and leadership this company had"... was to create pay for training, training contracts, and LOW PAY to build the company on the backs of the pilots.

Now you say its a House of Cards that will collapse if pilots are paid properly?

Publishers said:
The high growth rate during the first 5 to ten years is always going to be unsustainable. That meant that upgrades were going to slow too.

Still this company has had its growth through some of the worst times aviation had had. If these air force children had spent the time working their way through the civilian system, they would have more appreciation for the industry and this company. If it had not been for the creativity and leadership this company had, these people would be out struggling along.

When the big airline jobs came to a halt and went the other way, the whole system of people moving up came to a halt and everyone got frustrated. Airnet people did not move on to regionals, regionals did not move on to airlines, etc.

Does the company owe you when the economy or program slows, no, just ask any of the people who are losing their pensions in this mess. Obviously the Air Force did not appreciate the brilliance of Netwifes husband and so now they are blessing Netjets with it although they have not proved they can accomplish anything that is positive for the company.
You are a real piece of work. Thank GOD Executive Jet didn't have anything to do with you back in the old days. You have managed to offend everyone possible in just a few sentences. I have it figured out now, you write for the National Inquirer, don't you?

You talk about upgrades and growth during the first 5-10 years and mention unsustainable. Once again you have demonstrated your lack of knowledge with this company. The first 5 years of Executive Jet Aviation as a fractional were the toughest times of all. 1986 ring a bell? Back when all the of aircraft manufacturers laughed at the idea of fractional ownership only to copy the business nearly 15 years later.

Then you talk about "Air Force Children" and how great the leadership was at EJA. Remember where the creativity came from? If it wasn't for the military, you would be out "struggling along" speaking a different language for some dictator. Maybe if you spent some time working your way through the military system, you would have a better appreciation for your country and those who serve it.

And NO, the company doesn't owe us anything. We will negotiate a good wage with work rules that are fair. This time it will be just a little different than the past. The union will actually work for us! I am embarrassed for you Publishers.

Show me. And, as you are such the expert, what was the growth in aircraft on the property between 1985 and 1995? Between 1995 and 2001, and 2001 until today.

Publishers said:
If these air force children had spent the time working their way through the civilian system, they would have more appreciation for the industry and this company.
You just keep destroying what little credibility you had on this board junior. Stupidity is contagious and you caught the mother lode of doses of it. You've gotten so absurd as to be amusing so please keep posting your drivel. It makes me laugh.

I don't hate pilots at all. I am around and hear their opinions on everything literally everyday since most of my friends are pilots and a pretty good mix across the industry. Many of them were airline pilots and are now fractional or corporate pilots. They work hard and deserve the pay they get.

I am no great supporter of Lorenzo or Ichan either, however, I think they both get more blame than they probably deserve. They were in the business of scavenging among bad situations and so they were never going to be popular.

The thing I do believe is that if you take the job, you work the job. If the company does not appreciate my efforts, I am gone. I want to be paid off performance. I do not have much use for a union, all I have ever seen is it protecting the mediocre and destrying the flexibility to meet market changes. If you want to be in one, heh, good for you.

Most of the guys I know were in a union because that is what the place was. They have little interest in it and have been disappointed most of the time they looked to the union for anything.

We share opinions and debate some subjects just like any good friends. On the other hand they are not people on these threads who fly anynonmously through these threads planting their wisdom. They know I am over 60 and have done everything I say I have. They don't sit there and question me about every little detail, they respect my past and desire to help them understand the business end of aviation.

My former 135 staff have all been very successful with Columbus companies flying the Limited shuttle and such. Great for them. I got into these threads because Netwife did not know what she was talking about most of the time and the whinning just got to me. Others kept saying what pilots were paid in other places, well, we have a charter company today and I sure know what people get paid.

netjetwife said:
Sctt, I've heard that a number of times--have no doubt that it's true--but would like to know exactly when those "glory days" were. Did you witness those things personally, or was it more than 4 years ago? I'm trying to understand the NJ timeline. Do you know what year(s) that was? Thanks.
At the end of 1997, which is close to the time Berkshire bought EJA, the pilot group consisted of approximately 250-300 pilots, I believe. The approximate hiring rates were as follows:

1998 - 100
1999 - 200
2000 - 350
2001 - 525
2002 - 425
2003 - 50

Again, these are approximately, as in 1998 - 2000, the pilot turnover rate was astronomical.

Publishers,

The salary scales have been slipping for too long and its starting to show up in the quality of candidates and experience levels at the regional airlines. There's a lot going on that you don't read about at the smaller carriers that would really scare passengers away.

It's time everybody got a big raise. Flying was never supposed to be cheap. The very capital involved in start-up precludes that.

Why then should you resent a fair salary for a highly skilled occupation?

We will get it too!

I do not resent it at all. The question is what is a fair salary? Frankly I am more concerned with productivity than salary an dwork rules, scope, and other things that kill the golden goose.

Latest resources

Back