• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Applicants

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes they have. I do not know which domiciles they were interviewing for; maybe one or maybe all of them.

I was app accepted back in mid april.. PBI was my first choice... No call for interview yet.... I am upgrading at my current company on the CRJ 200 in the next couple of months..

What would you do.. Stay 121 get the PIC and move on there.. or take the NJ interview if it ever comes and start over at the bottom?

I guess it all depends on wanting to stay in 121 ops. If you do, then take the upgrade, build your time and apply to a major or national. If you've never had to sling your own bags, talk to your pax every leg, wonder where you're going to next...this might be a pretty big adjustment for 'ya. If you know you want to get into fractionals and understand that you will no longer be able to "hide" behind a door after boarding, then as always ~ seniority rules...get on as soon as you can.

Just my .02

I was 121 left seat at a pretty good regional (for what that's worth) before I came to Netjets. I can tell you one thing, the only time I'm breaking that suit out again is for a funeral or a wedding. I ain't never going back.

I did take a pay cut, but it isn't as much of one as you would think. With all the OT rigs built into the schedule and some other soft money you make quite a bit more than what the straight pay scale would suggest. This flying isn't for everyone, though. If you like planning on a certain overnight or just knowing where you are going, don't come here. The plan changes hourly, if not more. And the days can be long. The schedulers like to get their 12 hours out of you, even if that means sitting at an FBO backing someone else's flight up.

But the crews are great. The equipment is well taken care of. And for the most part, the pax are some nice people who treat you with respect.

I like it here. It's the type of flying I enjoy. A variable schedule that takes me into all sorts of airports. Last tour I went down to Congo Town, Bahamas. Don't think I would have made it there flying for an American 121 carrier. But come in with your eyes open about the schedule and the domicile system or you will be sorely disappointed.

Good luck all.

av8tor4239
Like pilotpat said, if your dream job requires the PIC, stay where you are and get it. If your dream job is NJA, focus your efforts on getting hired there. You could put an app in, no matter what, and then make your decision at the time you get an offer.

Follow up: Just wondering if anyone has gotten an Interview email lately.

Dam floaties!! I stole mine from the kids...guess they'll have to wait, too! Hoping for something next week or so.

Latest resources

Back