• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Announces Aircraft Order

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My favorite sedan driver in my area doesn't always use his turn signal on every turn (but neither does any other sedan driver out there), but he is by FAR the safest sedan driver I ride with anywhere in the country. He is well rested, his car is well maintained, he drives the speed limit, and is aware of his surroundings at all times. I know, that without any other cars around, a turn signal doesn't make a damn bit of difference, but is still required by law.

I had a 30 min conversation with a manager at a certain FSI center where he disclosed how XO Jet wouldn't train with them because FSI would not "just check without training". XOJET wanted their guys to come in and take the ride in one session and be on their way, FSI refused. This was about 2 years ago so maybe things have changed.

I have flown for over a half dozen corporate operators, a couple very large, and very recognized names, and hands down, NJA is the safest operation I have worked at. Those other high end operators were safe, but NJA is still safer in my experience. I'm sure XOJET and Flex etc have very safe operations too, I can only speak from my own experience however. That being said, I would not trust my family on ANY charter operation, and I have flown for Jet Aviation and TAG. An airplane with a charter certificate represents an owner concerned about cost, a full time pilot for that owner is also concerned about cost. I'll choose the pilot not concerned about cost or his job any day.

I may be off base, but in my mind things like not wearing a seat belt, carrying oil or Prist in the nose compartment, and yes, even the O2 mask (all things I saw at the large charter/corporate operators) are things that are only a factor AFTER something goes terribly wrong (even then is 2 quarts of extra oil in the nose REALLY going to make a difference in an airplane that holds 2000 gallons of fuel?). But flying tired, or hungry, or with a warning message dimmed down, putting one more leg on that cut tire, by then something already has eaten severely into some of those links in the safety chain.

Last edited:
I've been saying for years, NJAowner ain't no owner. Read between the lines, guys.....He used to work for NJA and now one of the others.....

Don't think so. He articulates well and knows his way around a set of financial statements.

Has appeared very pro NJ, until they forgot the meaning of customer service and started nickel and diming their lifeblood...the customer.

I've seen the Netjets version of the 300. Very impressive airplane. If we can sell them at a price point similar to Options, I do believe they will sell .. like hot cakes.

But that is the issue for NJA. The NJA Phenom costs 20+% more than a new FO Phenom, plus over $1000+ extra per hour more than FO in monthly and hourly fees. Plus FO has outfitted the cabin with 7 seats vs. NJA 6 seats.

At the Phenom's price point, these are huge differences.

as safe as the pilots are at NJ, they should be 50% more expensive. If they can do all that for only 20% more is whats impressive.

safety is expensive, i dont wanna go cheap.

Don't think so. He articulates well and knows his way around a set of financial statements.

Has appeared very pro NJ, until they forgot the meaning of customer service and started nickel and diming their lifeblood...the customer.

I would agree that cuts under Sokol were draconian and the end result is as you describe. However things seem to be changing for the better as the company has regained its financial footing. I see bright days ahead for NJA. We can all learn from our mistakes.

I had a 30 min conversation with a manager at a certain FSI center where he disclosed how XO Jet wouldn't train with them because FSI would not "just check without training". XOJET wanted their guys to come in and take the ride in one session and be on their way, FSI refused. This was about 2 years ago so maybe things have changed.

It's called an Instrument Proficiency Check(135.297), and there is no requirement that you go to training for a full week to be able to demonstrate your ability to fly these maneuvers. Our long recurrent, 135.293, is a full week course. Perhaps there was more in play when FSI (owned by Uncle Warren) opted not to give a competitor to NJA a break when it comes to training costs. Think about it...

as safe as the pilots are at NJ, they should be 50% more expensive. If they can do all that for only 20% more is whats impressive.

safety is expensive, i dont wanna go cheap.

XOJet seems cheaper than Netjets fractional options in many cases (i.e., one-way TEB-VNY for 20K). Cettainly cheaper than Marquis Card for the same flight on the X. Are you suggesting XOJet pilots are less safe?

Latest resources

Back