• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Ain Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A long time ago, I went to a lunch with a bunch of local pilots back in Columbus. One Cheif Pilot was adamant that they were finally going to upgrade to a jet from the King Air they had and perhaps keep the King Air as well as their needs were expanding.

That night I ran into the owner at a Chamber dinner. I asked if he was really upgrading to a Citation II. He indicated that no they were not considering that at all, in fact reviewing whether to keep the aircraft at all and would I put together a proposal for a management charter deal if he decided to let the crew go and have me take care of it.

The point is that here were two people literally within hours describing a situation about to change and they were obviously not on the same side of the play book.

That is what I see here in this discussion. The faith the owners have here is in Warren Buffet not the pilots. They count on his organization to provide safe and efficient pilots. Frankly, I do not think they care much what you are paid.

Publishers said:
A long time ago, I went to a lunch with a bunch of local pilots back in Columbus. One Cheif Pilot was adamant that they were finally going to upgrade to a jet from the King Air they had and perhaps keep the King Air as well as their needs were expanding.

That night I ran into the owner at a Chamber dinner. I asked if he was really upgrading to a Citation II. He indicated that no they were not considering that at all, in fact reviewing whether to keep the aircraft at all and would I put together a proposal for a management charter deal if he decided to let the crew go and have me take care of it.

The point is that here were two people literally within hours describing a situation about to change and they were obviously not on the same side of the play book.

That is what I see here in this discussion. The faith the owners have here is in Warren Buffet not the pilots. They count on his organization to provide safe and efficient pilots. Frankly, I do not think they care much what you are paid.
What a great story Pub, tell us some more please. Your insight is an eye opening experience to us all. Perhaps you should do some consulting for Netjets. I heard they are looking to trade in all those jets for King Airs, hoping you could "take care of it". Diesel was right, didn't take long for you to get on here with more of your mindless drivel. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a Chamber Dinner to attend.

Fact is, no one knows how the owners feel about what the NJA pilot is paid or what the owners will do if a stirke does occur. We will just have to wait and see if the pilots are released to self-help or if negoiations are recessed.

You've been talkin' about "THIS" contract since '00. Mother of Jesus, strike or quit whining! It's becoming absurd. I hope you show some backbone!

Daveman,

I'm figuring you and ultrarunner are both suffering from the same inability to read and understand the english language. Here's the post I made on this thread explaining why we haven't gone on strike yet. I'll be glad to explain any of the words you don't understand.

Daveman's Complete Guide to NMB Negotiations

It's interesting to read this thread from the beginning and see the cast of regulars chime in with their "expert" opinions. If the pilots at NJA are so dammed if they do and dammed if they don't, then informational picketing has nothing to lose, does it? Of course, all of you experts know exactly how we will accomplish this because you know so much, having seen the plans for such actions and all. We all appreciate the waiving of your consulting fees to educate us with your priceless information. God knows how we could pull this off without you all. Heaven forbid we would have to raise our Union dues to bear such costs. Yes, Sir, we really owe you all a tall, cold one!

As for our situation in general, why would you even care? If life is so grand on your side of the fence and we're such idiots for choosing to be on ours, what's in it for you? A little ego boost for feeling far superior than your fellow pilot? Nothing better to do that agitate a bit? So interesting.

We will be who we are. We will do what we do. As will you. What happens will happen on both sides of the fence. But I'd be willing to wager that if one of YOU were to fall, one of US wouldn't hesitate to stop and pick you up. Oh well, the real world.........such as it is. Always interesting............:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Publishers said:

A couple more crashes like Ebersol's in the Challenger and I bet they will care....You get what you pay for.

Bye Bye--General Lee

FL450 said:
But I'd be willing to wager that if one of YOU were to fall, one of US wouldn't hesitate to stop and pick you up. Oh well, the real world.........such as it is. Always interesting............:rolleyes:

"Picking someone up"....is that what you're calling it over there when you offer to pick-up the pilots from a flight department you've closed at those stellar union wages? Why, how noble of you.

Now, I know it's hard to rein-in your altruistic tendencies, but before you just go around picking up any 'ole fallen pilot you'd better roll them over with your foot first and check for a union pin. If you see it flashing, he's obviously worthy, but if not, check their ID against that Scablist you're all threatening to write. You never know, the guy may've been flying charter or something and lifted one of your "owners". Then, only you can decide what to do Mr. Compassion.

I tell ya, I feel bad for ever doubting you guys. What could've put that in my head anyway?

Btw, for a tall, cold one...I prefer porter ale or stout, but bock lager is Ok too. Thanks man.

General Lee said:
A couple more crashes like Ebersol's in the Challenger and I bet they will care....You get what you pay for.

Bye Bye--General Lee

So General, what does that say about paying $99 for a Song ticket?

Latest resources

Back