• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Ain Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jesus turbine you really are a stupid man.

You think we have all that support at bridgeway because we are union? You think we have crew meals because we are union? If you do you really don't understand how this industry works.

We have Dispatch because or schedule changes constantly. We do 5 legs a day with hour turns. So you plan your whole day with your job. Things don't change and you can make it work. Our day changes 5-6 times a day.

Crew food- You realize with our schedule we just don't hop in a cab and drive off to applebees. 90 percent of my lunch is spent at 45000 feet eating between the yoke. The other 10 percent I'm wolfing it down while the pax are showing up.

I'll put up my qualifications and work ethics against anyone here. Especially you. The union doesn't breed lazyness that's just the perception you have. It gives us one voice to talk to the company.

I choose fractional because I like the stability and the schedule. I've had my planes sold when the boss is getting a divorce or the stock market had a down turn. I've lost my closest friend on a dark moonless night coming home. I've been there I've done that.

So how dare you compare our industry and my work ethic because of some sort of affiliation with a union. You don't know my past and you sure don't know what i've done to get here. Which i'm very proud of.

Of course if you have the nuts you can pm me with your number and i'll be more than happy to further this discussion.

The argument can be made that anyone that is a pilot in todays world has limited self-worth!! For all the corporate guys bragging about making 125K a year who think that is good money to live on a pager 24/7 is a joke. Fractional guys.. well we won't even go there. Even Major airlines guys with pay concessions, making 150k a year to fly around 160 passengers is chump change..The smart guys will soon leave this industry. The one's with self-worth are dabbling in other industries, and have many things working for them on the side. It's the folks who are just happy to be flying a jet and breathe aviation 24/7 that you have to look out for.

as214 said:
The argument can be made that anyone that is a pilot in todays world has limited self-worth!! For all the corporate guys bragging about making 125K a year who think that is good money to live on a pager 24/7 is a joke. Fractional guys.. well we won't even go there. Even Major airlines guys with pay concessions, making 150k a year to fly around 160 passengers is chump change..The smart guys will soon leave this industry. The one's with self-worth are dabbling in other industries, and have many things working for them on the side. It's the folks who are just happy to be flying a jet and breathe aviation 24/7 that you have to look out for.

AS, you have a very warped since of reality.

Based on your own comments made with lack of forethought or evidence, I would like you to look up the latest figures and see what percentage of the US population earn a six figure salary.

I dont think it is us having a lack of self worth that is a problem here, I think you have a very over inflated self worth and are an ego driven individual.

How much do you think you can HONESTLY go out and earn in the business world. Keep in mind that you will not start as CEO as you seem to think you would.

And as far as you needing to look out for me because I am happy flying a jet, as if I am some kind of cut throat individual, then maybe like Diesel mentioned, we can sort this out behind the wood shed.

No one on this threat had a problem with NJ pilots pushing for the much deserved raise, the point of this whole thread has been that Charter pilots should not be listed as scabs for doing our jobs. Now if anyone even goes to an interview while a strike is on, then they are infact SCABS.

Get over yourself!

400A said:
AS, you have a very warped since of reality.

Based on your own comments made with lack of forethought or evidence, I would like you to look up the latest figures and see what percentage of the US population earn a six figure salary.

I dont think it is us having a lack of self worth that is a problem here, I think you have a very over inflated self worth and are an ego driven individual.

How much do you think you can HONESTLY go out and earn in the business world. Keep in mind that you will not start as CEO as you seem to think you would.

And as far as you needing to look out for me because I am happy flying a jet, as if I am some kind of cut throat individual, then maybe like Diesel mentioned, we can sort this out behind the wood shed.

No one on this threat had a problem with NJ pilots pushing for the much deserved raise, the point of this whole thread has been that Charter pilots should not be listed as scabs for doing our jobs. Now if anyone even goes to an interview while a strike is on, then they are infact SCABS.

Get over yourself!

Get over myself BBWWAAHHH!!! Excuse me Mr. Chief Pilot!! It seems that by putting that in your avatar you are the one who is egotistical. Please don't tell me about warped sense of reality, my reality is fine. That reality is that I don't understand why pilots think it is a sin to enjoy their' work and get paid a respectable wage. Why are you comparing yourself to the rest of the population? The average persons job doesn't entail the responsibility that a pilots does. As for my comments, yes, they aren't scientific but have been my observation. I know how much I can go make in the business world. I wouldn't say that amount here because I am not egotistical, and it really is irrelevant. If you even give a sh*t you can ask Diesel he knows the deal. I really liked the part about meeting me behind a wood shed, what are you two years old GROW UP!! Who said anything about charter pilots being scabs? Please don't talk to me about scabs. I have been on strike before, have you? Nonetheless, despite all of this I wish you well. I hope that you accomplish all that you want in your life and in this industry. I know that my reality if the pay and quality of life issues don't change for the better in this industry, is a six figure salary working out of my home sleeping in my own bed everynight and enjoying what I do. I will then fly on my own terms..not someone elses!!

Yak,

To use your own quote:

If such statements are indicative of your brainpower, then frankly, you're doomed.

CatYaaak said:
…your notion that Corporate pilots' availablility and work is limited to a M-F 40hr work week/ 2000 hr. work year. …of course, completely ludicrous.

Sir, what is truly ludicrous, is your post.
I purposefully used as few words as possible to NOT be misunderstood. I did not, write, nor imply, that the 40 hour week was that of a corporate pilot. You interpreted that yourself, then proceeded to post based on your misunderstanding.

The 40 hour week is a common data point that we both may refer to. I do NOT know what ever corp pilot schedule is, just as you have no clue what mine is. We can however, compare our respective schedules to one common point, ie…a normal person’s 40 hour week.

as214 said:
Get over myself BBWWAAHHH!!! Excuse me Mr. Chief Pilot!! It seems that by putting that in your avatar you are the one who is egotistical. Please don't tell me about warped sense of reality, my reality is fine. That reality is that I don't understand why pilots think it is a sin to enjoy their' work and get paid a respectable wage. Why are you comparing yourself to the rest of the population? The average persons job doesn't entail the responsibility that a pilots does. As for my comments, yes, they aren't scientific but have been my observation. I know how much I can go make in the business world. I wouldn't say that amount here because I am not egotistical, and it really is irrelevant. If you even give a sh*t you can ask Diesel he knows the deal. I really liked the part about meeting me behind a wood shed, what are you two years old GROW UP!! Who said anything about charter pilots being scabs? Please don't talk to me about scabs. I have been on strike before, have you? Nonetheless, despite all of this I wish you well. I hope that you accomplish all that you want in your life and in this industry. I know that my reality if the pay and quality of life issues don't change for the better in this industry, is a six figure salary working out of my home sleeping in my own bed everynight and enjoying what I do. I will then fly on my own terms..not someone elses!!

My avatar is not egotistical. I simply answered the guestion on the form. I am sorry that you are offended or scared by that.

You idiot, this whole thread has been about the threat of NJ labeling charter pilots on a SCAB list.

And as far as being familiar with a strike, you have know clue my friend, probably more so than you could ever imagine. dont even go there.

Unlike you, I am very happy in my position in life, YOU are the one that came on and called us WARPED. And who made you GOD of what a respectable wage is. Yes. I bet you do everything on your own terms, no matter what co-workers pay the price.

There ya go AS, I took it off so you would not be scared by it anymore. That Title was assigned by the company, I really could not care less what my title is. The two I am most proud of are " Dad" and "Coach".

I answered that question on my profile before I knew it would be used by people like you as an attack. Just like some often attack because they fly a bigger airplane

400A said:
There ya go AS, I took it off so you would not be scared by it anymore. That Title was assigned by the company, I really could not care less what my title is. The two I am most proud of are " Dad" and "Coach".

I answered that question on my profile before I knew it would be used by people like you as an attack. Just like some often attack because they fly a bigger airplane

Congratulations to you on being a Dad and a Coach!! I truly admire that you have your priorities right in life.. So do I.. That's why if things don't change for the better in this industry, I will gladly walk away. I don't have a family now but I look forward to it one day. I see the toll the job takes on men who are away from their families so much, for so little compensation. That won't happen to me.. That's why I've struck before and will gladly go it again. I fly for a living, I don't live to fly.. This is a job, not a hobby!!

Maybe we have more in common than we thought. That is one of the reasons I like my job so much. We do 2-3 RON's per month. I will say however that most executives (as NJOWNER has mentioned) that earn more than we do are also gone from their families (traveling or at the office) as much or more than many pilots.

People like to poke fun at the Beechjet, but one of the reasons I stay on it, is because I am home so much. I was a young father, so I will persue the big Iron when they are off to college. Then of course I will need the big Iron bucks. LOL

For now we are paid in the upper end of the pro-pilot survey (like the NJ guys should be) and are working conditions are awesome.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back