• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Ad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't see many PICs leaving for the airlines. If there is an exodus it will be from the SICs. Most of which will be topped out on pay without COLA in 2015.

Actually I believe that's beginning to change. Especially in the younger captain ranks. The company's actions the past few weeks, makes more than a few everyday realize they will never be respected at Netjets. It's incredible that a company who services the needs of billionaires, can be so petty. Who would want to work in this environment for 30 years? You'd have to be insane, or "unemployable" to stick around that long.

I fly with a couple of guys who in a previous life flew individual billionaires. They were some of the cheapest people you will ever meet when it comes to pay and compensation. But when it is time for a new G650, well there is no problem spending the money on that.

I flew for a 1/2 billionaire and he was pretty cheap too. Go figure...

Actually I believe that's beginning to change. Especially in the younger captain ranks. The company's actions the past few weeks, makes more than a few everyday realize they will never be respected at Netjets. It's incredible that a company who services the needs of billionaires, can be so petty. Who would want to work in this environment for 30 years? You'd have to be insane, or "unemployable" to stick around that long.

Honest question: how long can JH and the current conditions last? How far down the toilet bowl does this place circle before BRK steps in? At this point, even the FAA is starting to pay attention to some of the company's nonsense.

Maybe NJ never returns to its glory, but, under the current leadership, I actually like the Union's chances in the fight that's been picked. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I'd hope that, with a new contract and EMT, the job could return to a shadow of its former self.

P.S. A warning to potential new hires, the very benefits the company is advertising are those they are attempting to strip away through its negotiation 'pillars' and by violations of the CBA.

I would suspect that the accident rate of a disenchanted work force exceeds that of one that actually enjoys and works in synergy with its supervisors.

I sure some will come because it's better than other crud holes, but just like new planes, the shine wears off quickly.

Honest question: how long can JH and the current conditions last? How far down the toilet bowl does this place circle before BRK steps in? At this point, even the FAA is starting to pay attention to some of the company's nonsense.

Maybe NJ never returns to its glory, but, under the current leadership, I actually like the Union's chances in the fight that's been picked. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I'd hope that, with a new contract and EMT, the job could return to a shadow of its former self.

P.S. A warning to potential new hires, the very benefits the company is advertising are those they are attempting to strip away through its negotiation 'pillars' and by violations of the CBA.

C'mon, it's still a good job, just not a perfect one.

LOL.....

I suggest you start making a list of changes and actions that have taken place over the last few months, then ask yourself why they have happened. Did any increase safety? Did any improve the owner's experience? Did anything lower overall cost of ownership to the people we fly? Did anything lower cost to the company?

I think you know the answers.....

Wht Opec said.

Oh, and by the way, I don't believe JH and friends are finished making changes yet that will further degrade this job.

Now that you get to sit in a middle seat in coach on those long international airlines of up to 10 hours and look forward to eating your crew meal from limited choices while pondering what you're going to say at your PRB for accidentally buying a personal candy bar on the company card and your second PRB for the fact that you discovered two planes in a row with the same discrepancy, at least you won't be bothered by interruptions from your family as you can no longer call them from the company phone while international.

And be careful to preflight properly. Missing something will get you suspended without pay, or even fired. Oh, but don't write up too many airplanes either as that will also result in discipline.

But hey, it's still fun! Imagine how cool it's going to be rating everyone you fly with when you get that "friendly and helpful" call from a CP wanting you to tell them who you like to fly with and who you don't.

And if they really start beating you over the head with the schedule, you have the fatigue policy to fall back on. Don't worry about the fact that if you call fatigued too many times (a completely arbitrary number that only a select few in the company are privy too) you can enjoy another trip to CMH to explain those fatigue calls even though the contract clearly states that those calls are supposed to be "no questions asked".

And it's an absolutely wonderful job where, if you go on vacation and pick up a nasty bug, you'll be subject to discipline if you call in sick right after that vacation (or just before).

Sheesh G4! Just because there are worse jobs out there doesnt make this a particularly good one anymore. You're like a woman who thinks her second husband is great because he doesn't beat her as much as her previous husband.

How much worse do they have to make it before you conceed it's not really that great a job? Well, maybe for you that's just not possible. After all, according to you if we'd all just take pay cuts the company could expand and hire more pilots, and isn't that good for everyone?

I didn't think there was more than one PRB anymore. They just fire you the first time around. Damn your family, damn your career, but hey, that intimidation factor is what the company strives for under the current leadership.

But hey, it's still fun!

Come on, the CEO loves us. It said so right on that creepy holiday card!

Just don't spend too much on an international breakfast. Nevermind that breakfast at our hotel in Santa Monica costs more than their new presumption of what it should cost all around the world.

This is barely a good job anymore, let alone the great one it could be. It's certainly not a career destination.

Wht Opec said.

Oh, and by the way, I don't believe JH and friends are finished making changes yet that will further degrade this job.

Now that you get to sit in a middle seat in coach on those long international airlines of up to 10 hours and look forward to eating your crew meal from limited choices while pondering what you're going to say at your PRB for accidentally buying a personal candy bar on the company card and your second PRB for the fact that you discovered two planes in a row with the same discrepancy, at least you won't be bothered by interruptions from your family as you can no longer call them from the company phone while international.

And be careful to preflight properly. Missing something will get you suspended without pay, or even fired. Oh, but don't write up too many airplanes either as that will also result in discipline.

But hey, it's still fun! Imagine how cool it's going to be rating everyone you fly with when you get that "friendly and helpful" call from a CP wanting you to tell them who you like to fly with and who you don't.

And if they really start beating you over the head with the schedule, you have the fatigue policy to fall back on. Don't worry about the fact that if you call fatigued too many times (a completely arbitrary number that only a select few in the company are privy too) you can enjoy another trip to CMH to explain those fatigue calls even though the contract clearly states that those calls are supposed to be "no questions asked".

And it's an absolutely wonderful job where, if you go on vacation and pick up a nasty bug, you'll be subject to discipline if you call in sick right after that vacation (or just before).

Sheesh G4! Just because there are worse jobs out there doesnt make this a particularly good one anymore. You're like a woman who thinks her second husband is great because he doesn't beat her as much as her previous husband.

How much worse do they have to make it before you conceed it's not really that great a job? Well, maybe for you that's just not possible. After all, according to you if we'd all just take pay cuts the company could expand and hire more pilots, and isn't that good for everyone?

There are a lot of exaggerations in this post. Which company did you say you fly for? I had 22 jobs before this one, and NJA is the best run, the most safe, and the most stable. It's just not perfect. Hansell needs to go, the lawyers and accountants who think they know how to run things are hurting the company, but things are good compared to the real world. However, for FOs, this is not a career destination.
When you say these bad things, to which company are you comparing NJA?

Latest resources

Back